LB Jake Ryan out for season with Torn ACL

deltarich87

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Contract year for him right? Wonder if he comes back. If anything, probably makes it more likely he comes back to GB on a pretty cheap deal. 

That'd be nice. 2 years $7mil. for a solid role player at worst. I'll take that ACL recovery and all.

28 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Contract year for him right? Wonder if he comes back. If anything, probably makes it more likely he comes back to GB on a pretty cheap deal. 

Yes.  UFA in 2019.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/jake-ryan-16855/

I imagine that his value is going to be at an all time low going into contract negotiations.  He will probably be a pretty sweet deal if he recovers fully, and going by recent ACL repair and recovery successes, he probably will.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

'splain Lucy...

From what I understand, the injury happened when Ryan was covering or in pursuit of ESQ. I dont know - but I didnt get the impressing it was caused by contact. Dont know that though.

I feel really bad for Jake Ryan.  He's one of the good ones who adores the game and he's a great player to have on your team.  He's probably gonna play another 7 years for us though, so we just gotta find somebody who can hold down the fort for this year.  I think one of our undrafted guys can do that for us and don't think we need to sign a replacement.  We're better at ILB than the year we won the Super Bowl, and with a better DC, too. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I feel really bad for Jake Ryan.  He's one of the good ones who adores the game and he's a great player to have on your team.  He's probably gonna play another 7 years for us though, so we just gotta find somebody who can hold down the fort for this year.  I think one of our undrafted guys can do that for us and don't think we need to sign a replacement.  We're better at ILB than the year we won the Super Bowl, and with a better DC, too. 

Better than Hawk and Bishop? Hawk was way overrated but also way better than every ILB currently on our roster other than Martinez. Bishop was probably the best run-trumping ILB we've had on our team in last 15 years and a hell of a blitzer as well. Ryan sucks at the latter. Basically Ryan is a pretty solid run defender and isn't even average at anything else. 

24 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Better than Hawk and Bishop? Hawk was way overrated but also way better than every ILB currently on our roster other than Martinez. Bishop was probably the best run-trumping ILB we've had on our team in last 15 years and a hell of a blitzer as well. Ryan sucks at the latter. Basically Ryan is a pretty solid run defender and isn't even average at anything else. 

I honestly don't even think he was that good in run defense. I don't think it will be hard shoes to replace. Someone pointed out the 4-3 defense as well and really hope we play more of that.

59 minutes ago, Leader said:

From what I understand, the injury happened when Ryan was covering or in pursuit of ESQ. I dont know - but I didnt get the impressing it was caused by contact. Dont know that though.

That's what I figured. Wonder if it was just one of those freak, twisting-like injuries.

Archived