Training Camp and Preseason

Sllim Pickens

Feel free to post anything about training camp and stories throughout the preseason here. 

https://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2018/07/lions_training_camp_observatio_2.html

Sounds like Ragnow is stepping in as our LG and is looking solid so far.

Sounds like the D is playng well, especially the CB's.

Disappointing that Ziggy is not practicing.  His injuries scare me away from giving him any type of big contract.

12 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Feel free to post anything about training camp and stories throughout the preseason here. 

https://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2018/07/lions_training_camp_observatio_2.html

Sounds like Ragnow is stepping in as our LG and is looking solid so far.

Sounds like the D is playng well, especially the CB's.

Disappointing that Ziggy is not practicing.  His injuries scare me away from giving him any type of big contract.

For all the angst surrounding Tabor since he was drafted, he's getting a lot of love from writers so far. I think our secondary can be scary good if we somehow manage to manufacture a pass rush.

2 hours ago, Lions017 said:

I would really prefer Ragnow at C. I know that Glasgow is more comfortable at C, but I think that Ragnow will quickly prove to be the better player and C is the more important position. 

I agree but will be happy if he can be above average anywhere on the line.

11 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Ragnow sounds like he is doing well. He’s the guy we all wanted for the Bengals. Billy Price has been struggling so far at center for us. 

It’s unfortunate he’s struggling. How much of that is simply getting used to a QB under centre and not shotgun?

I'm trying to gauge how much of this is fluff and how much it might be different from things I've heard in the past,  but it's encouraging to hear that young guys are putting in extra extra work on the practice field and seem ultra committed to the Lions and to learning their job. I've heard this about Davis, Tabor and Kerryon specifically. Time will tell how much it matters but it's nice to hear.

Archived