Sign in to follow this  
Sllim Pickens

Training Camp and Preseason

36 minutes ago, Lionized said:

They are killing it in joint practices, just hasn’t shown in the games yet. We should be fine. 

These games are more about assessing backups etc. Fans get sideways but the games mean nothing. Just as they meant nothing when the Lions went 4-0 in ore season only to go 0-16 in the regular season.

The score of the games mean nothing. The schemes and coaching means nothing. The fact that our starters look like they're asleep and are getting their butts whipped in 1v1 matchups, I'm sorry, is worrisome.

3 hours ago, Superduperman said:

The score of the games mean nothing. The schemes and coaching means nothing. The fact that our starters look like they're asleep and are getting their butts whipped in 1v1 matchups, I'm sorry, is worrisome.

I find the games so meaningless the only thing I pay attention to are injuries and cuts. 

This team has not looked very good so far, which surprises me. Quinn has talked so much about how he emphasizes building depth, but our second and third stringers haven't really looked all that good, and the first-team has struggled in some key areas. I don't care if the team wins preseason games or not, but they should at least look decent (and show some great flashes) if you expect them to be good. 

Edited by Lions017

9 hours ago, Lionized said:

They are killing it in joint practices, just hasn’t shown in the games yet. We should be fine. 

I've heard mixed things about the joint practices. Certainly not that they've been killing it. 

On 8/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, diehardlionfan said:

I find the games so meaningless the only thing I pay attention to are injuries and cuts. 

True enough, if they come out against the Jets and look great then this means less than nothing. The only difference it makes is that I can't believe they will be any better until I see them being better. So as of now, I don't believe it. Does that mean anything? Sure it does... if only to me.

37 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

True enough, if they come out against the Jets and look great then this means less than nothing. The only difference it makes is that I can't believe they will be any better until I see them being better. So as of now, I don't believe it. Does that mean anything? Sure it does... if only to me.

I totally understand. There’s no right or wrong way to be a fan. We all find our own joys and frustrations.