Training Camp and Preseason

Sllim Pickens

I can't imagine there's anything to that rumor.... Why the heck would we give up the massive cost it would take to get Mack? We are not 1 elite D-lineman away from Superbowl contention... Hell we're not even close to being in that position.

Considering a trade for Mack would take far more than a 1st plus a 100+ million dollar contract to him on top of that... It's just not something a team in our position should do.

That's something you do for the final piece of the puzzle... Not one piece to a puzzle when you still have half the damn puzzle to go.

17 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I can't imagine there's anything to that rumor.... Why the heck would we give up the massive cost it would take to get Mack? We are not 1 elite D-lineman away from Superbowl contention... Hell we're not even close to being in that position.

Considering a trade for Mack would take far more than a 1st plus a 100+ million dollar contract to him on top of that... It's just not something a team in our position should do.

That's something you do for the final piece of the puzzle... Not one piece to a puzzle when you still have half the damn puzzle to go.

It does seem quite odd but the timing of it makes sense. 

As far as the cost? We have no idea what it would take. However, if Mack isn’t going to be in their long term plans they would absolutely look to get something in return now (what should have happened with suh) that in itself would drive the cost down from the “multiple high picks” pool of thought. 

He definitely wouldn’t be the final piece to the puzzle but at the same time he is a younger stud player that you could expect a pretty decent ROI, especially given the fail rate of traditional picks.

18 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

I think a consistent pass rush easily makes us twice the team we are now. Mack is one of the few guys in the NFL who can provide that by himself. If the Raiders don't think they are going to be able to get him on the field this year, and don't intend to resign him, then now is the perfect time to unload him. Hopefully that makes it more of a buyers market. 

1 hour ago, Nnivolcm said:

I think a consistent pass rush easily makes us twice the team we are now. Mack is one of the few guys in the NFL who can provide that by himself. If the Raiders don't think they are going to be able to get him on the field this year, and don't intend to resign him, then now is the perfect time to unload him. Hopefully that makes it more of a buyers market. 

I agree with this.  I would be careful how much we are giving up as he will be a bit expensive contract wise.  If we are going to pay a defender, I am all for paying Mack. 

Archived