Training Camp and Preseason

Sllim Pickens

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My guess is he came in out of shape or just was obviously not worth keeping around.  It does seem odd to not give him more of a chance but if its obvious, why wait.

Apparently after practice yesterday he declined to comment and wasn’t seen at the facility today at all. 

I guess Quinn spent most of practice on the phone?

50 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

My guess is he came in out of shape or just was obviously not worth keeping around.  It does seem odd to not give him more of a chance but if its obvious, why wait.

Seems a reasonable guess.

I was thinking along the lines of him getting into it with one of the coaches but that seems out of form for him.

30 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Wow, I really regret watching ore season games. Any optimism I had has been cruelty crushed under a wayward cleat. ?

Our undrafted free agents suck. A large percentage of the guys you just watched will be gone next week. 

Patricia keeps saying it’s a process.

I think everyone understands that but Lions fans have been watching, “The Process,” since the mid 50’s.

While Patricia may have a new set of eyes, schemes and ideas the on field product looks very familiar.

Ive been preaching that it’s just pre season but I broke one of my rules and watched the last two Lions pre season games. Big mistake, HUGE! ?

Unless the players figure it out quickly it’s going to be a L.   O.   N.   G  season.

I'll say it again, if they come out against the Jets and look great, then all this falls by the wayside.

But if you can't see that numerous alarm bells are going off, in every area of the team from ownership to the 53rd man on the roster, you're forgetting everything you have ever experienced in being a Lions fan

25 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Quinn consistently talks about adding depth, but our second and third stringers were pretty routinely outplayed this preseason, and the first string didn't look good either. 

It wasn't just our second and third stringers being beaten like rented mules out there, our starters were just as terrible. Coaching is the one constant across all the bad play. Hopefully they just dumbed it down for the pre season and have it figured out, but I'm not holding my breath.

51 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Yes you were. Your excuse was, those are all guys who won't be on the team. Well, almost all the guys who will be on the team have been awful in this preseason also.

Here, here is another one then. 

In 2017, the Patriots' defense ranked dead last in the preseason, giving up almost 6 points per game more than any other team in the league.

Yet where did they finish at the end of the year? 

Archived