Training Camp and Preseason

Sllim Pickens

On 2018-08-06 at 1:56 PM, Superduperman said:

I'm trying to gauge how much of this is fluff and how much it might be different from things I've heard in the past,  but it's encouraging to hear that young guys are putting in extra extra work on the practice field and seem ultra committed to the Lions and to learning their job. I've heard this about Davis, Tabor and Kerryon specifically. Time will tell how much it matters but it's nice to hear.

It take a few years for culture change and Quinn has churned the roster pretty completely.

The players seem to have noticed and they have brought in some guys with experience in effective cultures.

Patricia looks to be in fine form as well.

Im actually getting a bit pumped! The years of futility have taken a toll but I’m seeing some things that have me interested.

Great reports of Golladay. If he continues his progression the combination of Tate, Jones, Golladay will be fantastic.

Kerryon seems to be turning heads. I’ve read nothing but positives about him both attitude and ability.

Davis seems committed to getting better and with the experience they’ve brought in at LB he could make great strides.

Staffordis Stanford and if the running game materializes, which I expect it to, he and the receivers could have a monster year.

By all accounts Ragnow has been great. 

So there’s positives to look at.

I really want these guys to become a good team. I’m tired of next year!

20 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

It take a few years for culture change and Quinn has churned the roster pretty completely.

The players seem to have noticed and they have brought in some guys with experience in effective cultures.

Patricia looks to be in fine form as well.

Im actually getting a bit pumped! The years of futility have taken a toll but I’m seeing some things that have me interested.

Great reports of Golladay. If he continues his progression the combination of Tate, Jones, Golladay will be fantastic.

Kerryon seems to be turning heads. I’ve read nothing but positives about him both attitude and ability.

Davis seems committed to getting better and with the experience they’ve brought in at LB he could make great strides.

Staffordis Stanford and if the running game materializes, which I expect it to, he and the receivers could have a monster year.

By all accounts Ragnow has been great. 

So there’s positives to look at.

I really want these guys to become a good team. I’m tired of next year!

This is all well and good but I don't see one mention of the defense. This is where they could be in trouble :/

53 minutes ago, detroitlions72003 said:

This is all well and good but I don't see one mention of the defense. This is where they could be in trouble :/

I can’t disagree with you.

They could be in big trouble but I’m choosing to believe the coaches must feel they can compete with what they have. It seems the secondary could be strong. The LB core has been changed and Davis seems committed to getting better. The line is where I’m most concerned about the defence. 

Hopefully Ansah stays healthy and consistently contributes. I’m not overly optimistic and given he’s not on a long term contract I’m not sure that Quinn is confident either.

Im hoping the Lions can run the ball, controlling the game better and keeping the defence fresh. I’m also hoping that GQ has one more 3xcellent year left and that Slay takes that last step to being a shutdown corner. If the secondary, as a unit, improves it can buy time for pressure from the line to develop. 

At least that’s what I hope. ?

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:

I can’t disagree with you.

They could be in big trouble but I’m choosing to believe the coaches must feel they can compete with what they have. It seems the secondary could be strong. The LB core has been changed and Davis seems committed to getting better. The line is where I’m most concerned about the defence. 

Hopefully Ansah stays healthy and consistently contributes. I’m not overly optimistic and given he’s not on a long term contract I’m not sure that Quinn is confident either.

Im hoping the Lions can run the ball, controlling the game better and keeping the defence fresh. I’m also hoping that GQ has one more 3xcellent year left and that Slay takes that last step to being a shutdown corner. If the secondary, as a unit, improves it can buy time for pressure from the line to develop. 

At least that’s what I hope. ?

Lets drink this koolaid together and hope for a tremendous season xD. Im excited!

5 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

Lets drink this koolaid together and hope for a tremendous season xD. Im excited!

Okay brother??

Nothing worse than a Grandfather who has discovered and remembered emoticons. My grandson seems to be going through the poop phase as everything is ?. He reminded me of the emoticons. Big mistake. ?

Archived