Training Camp and Preseason

Sllim Pickens

36 minutes ago, Lionized said:

They are killing it in joint practices, just hasn’t shown in the games yet. We should be fine. 

These games are more about assessing backups etc. Fans get sideways but the games mean nothing. Just as they meant nothing when the Lions went 4-0 in ore season only to go 0-16 in the regular season.

3 hours ago, Superduperman said:

The score of the games mean nothing. The schemes and coaching means nothing. The fact that our starters look like they're asleep and are getting their butts whipped in 1v1 matchups, I'm sorry, is worrisome.

I find the games so meaningless the only thing I pay attention to are injuries and cuts. 

This team has not looked very good so far, which surprises me. Quinn has talked so much about how he emphasizes building depth, but our second and third stringers haven't really looked all that good, and the first-team has struggled in some key areas. I don't care if the team wins preseason games or not, but they should at least look decent (and show some great flashes) if you expect them to be good. 

On 8/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, diehardlionfan said:

I find the games so meaningless the only thing I pay attention to are injuries and cuts. 

True enough, if they come out against the Jets and look great then this means less than nothing. The only difference it makes is that I can't believe they will be any better until I see them being better. So as of now, I don't believe it. Does that mean anything? Sure it does... if only to me.

37 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

True enough, if they come out against the Jets and look great then this means less than nothing. The only difference it makes is that I can't believe they will be any better until I see them being better. So as of now, I don't believe it. Does that mean anything? Sure it does... if only to me.

I totally understand. There’s no right or wrong way to be a fan. We all find our own joys and frustrations. 

Eh, not surprised by any of this honestly. They've made terrible moves the last two off-seasons in a row. It was predictable by everyone outside of the slappys the Lions would struggle this year badly. Most people knew going into the offseason we needed a new LG and C. An lions took the lazy route and drafted a C to be our LG and our old LG to be our C. Idk... dumb, though I like Ragnow... at C. Kenny Wiggins is a waste of money like I thought. The dude from the Jets is a waste of money. They signed scrubs to be good "depth" and they're just not. 

They're so bad honestly that if Stafford goes down, we're in the hunt for another 0-16 season. 

They just didn't make enough moves to improve their weaknesses. About every thing they did this season made them worst or stay level ground. From cutting Ebron, adding guys in the Oline that don't matter(They needed starters not a collections of back ups. ) 

I can't say they don't try they just have no idea what they're ever doing. Firing Caldwell for an unproven coach with this QB was just astonishing to me. I doubt Patricia has real success here, he looks like he's overwhelmed early. 

26 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Eh, not surprised by any of this honestly. They've made terrible moves the last two off-seasons in a row. It was predictable by everyone outside of the slappys the Lions would struggle this year badly. Most people knew going into the offseason we needed a new LG and C. An lions took the lazy route and drafted a C to be our LG and our old LG to be our C. Idk... dumb, though I like Ragnow... at C. Kenny Wiggins is a waste of money like I thought. The dude from the Jets is a waste of money. They signed scrubs to be good "depth" and they're just not. 

They're so bad honestly that if Stafford goes down, we're in the hunt for another 0-16 season. 

They just didn't make enough moves to improve their weaknesses. About every thing they did this season made them worst or stay level ground. From cutting Ebron, adding guys in the Oline that don't matter(They needed starters not a collections of back ups. ) 

I can't say they don't try they just have no idea what they're ever doing. Firing Caldwell for an unproven coach with this QB was just astonishing to me. I doubt Patricia has real success here, he looks like he's overwhelmed early. 

I understand frustration but it’s very premature to state they don’t know what they’re doing or to suggest Patricia looks overwhelmed.

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Spending a first on an OG/C is doing exactly what you said they needed to do, which is get a new OG or C.  They determined his best fit is at LG, so have moved Glasgow to C.  Ideal, no, but a heck of an upgrade from all accounts. 

We also had to upgrade the run game and we did that by draft and by bringing in Blount. 

I agree they should have made more moves on the D line but felt they made smart moves elsewhere.  Cutting Ebron really has no impact on our team as he did very little to help them.  He couldn't block, he dropped easy catches and we moved on.  That's what you do.  You can be mad a former 1st rd pick flopped but cutting him does not make us any worse.

As for being 0-16 without Stafford, I disagree, but at the same time anytime someone's QB goes down there is a good chance that team struggles.  I get the nervousness but to say they didn't address needs and got worse just doesn't have any merit.

On 8/18/2018 at 9:17 AM, Lionized said:

They are killing it in joint practices, just hasn’t shown in the games yet. We should be fine. 

Practice...we talking about practice

Seriously nothing has reported or shown that they are killing it.  It is going to be a long season.

1 hour ago, detfan782004 said:

Practice...we talking about practice

Seriously nothing has reported or shown that they are killing it.  It is going to be a long season.

Really nothing has been said about the offense having it’s way with the other team  the past two weeks? Your pecimism is exhausting already. 

3 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Simba for GM! bring Caldwell back! 

Archived