Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

1 hour ago, nugpimpen said:

The thing that muddies this a bit is that there are so many conflicting reports even from the mother and the police about what was abuse and self defense. 

Should urban keep a guy on the staff if he knew and the accusations are legit? No, I wouldn't.  That said, outside of reporting it, hes not obligated to remove him from the staff because of it. Only obligated to report what he knew.

considering he 100% knew of abuse in 2009 and decided "counseling" was the best course of action, even an accusation should raise serious red flags. Theres more involved here than what the bare minimum he was required to do, him passing the buck while possibly knowing hes employing a guy who abuses his wife on multiple occasions is a serious problem. 

I decided to lock this thread. The discussion on the topic has stopped. It instead has devolved into personal attacks, pointless arguments, and has come close to being about topics we won't discuss on this forum. When there is more news to discuss on this topic I will consider opening it back up to discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Ohio State found evidence Urban knew in 2015 and admits as much.

2) Ohio State claims Gene Smith and Urban Meyer simply didn’t know that you still have to report it even if law enforcement isn’t involved.

3) Ohio State claims that we are to believe that Urban Meyer simply forgot the 2015 incident when he lied at the 2018 Big Ten Media Day.

4) Ohio State is using the “forgot” narrative to claim that Urban didn’t lie at Big Ten Media Day.

So basically, Meyer and Smith did things wrong but they like how much Meyer wins to fire him. 

And Ohio States thinks people are going to buy this “forgot” narrative.

Disgusting.

Archived