Update: Urban Meyer suspended 3 games

IDOG_det

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

In reality, you're just mad the outcome wasn't what you and your buddies wanted, and try to hide behind DV to try to attack tOSU fans which is hilariously weak, people like you like to selectively get outraged about thinks with an underlined agenda and stick your head in the sand about others.

Time to move on.....

Because the situation is even worse after OSU's independent investigation and yet the punishment was much weaker than what everyone already expected and should have expected based on the report's findings.

I mean as someone who's wife experienced, lived through, and deals with the deep seated psychological ramifications of domestic violence every day of her life maybe that paints me as "biased". Maybe I lack "objectivity". Or, maybe, just maybe, when I wake up to see my wife in what is obviously a panic attack as it relates to the abuse she suffered that I feel what I assumed should be the natural human reaction that domestic violence is a horrible life altering thing and that the overwhelming majority of incidences are not reported, followed up on, or actively pursued within the justice system or within society et large.

Or I'm just a whinging ESS JAY DUBYEW and you can all spank it to your collective hardo over your freaking sports program while thinking the sports program I root for has literally any bearing on whether or not I find someone failing to report domestic violence as wrong and unacceptable.

This isn't a "life is messy" thing, there is ample and now openly available evidence that Zach Smith is a mentally unhinged man who likely abused his family. And yet still people are trying to paint his now ex-wife as a crazy drunk and then will opine in the next thread about an NFL player who hurt a woman why they recant or don't press charges.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

ITT everyone is better investigators than the people who actually conducted the damn investigation....................... shocking.....

Who is claiming they are better investigators?  Everyone is using the same report...the people in this thread just weren't paid by OSU to come to a conclusion.  "Independent"...

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

ITT everyone is better investigators than the people who actually conducted the damn investigation....................... shocking.....

You are confusing facts and conclusions. Conclusions are not facts. Investigations elicit facts and sometimes, as here, the investigators also make conclusions based on the facts. We, however, are free to evaluate the facts and come to a different conclusion. That doesn't require bias or uncritical thinking. That doesn't mean we are saying we are better investigators. Do you think when a jury finds a defendant not guilty in court they are saying they are better investigators than the detectives who investigated the case and believe the defendant is guilty?

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Who is claiming they are better investigators?  Everyone is using the same report...the people in this thread just weren't paid by OSU to come to a conclusion.  "Independent"...

And the report which notes that Urban knew, Urban didn't act in any way shape or form, Urban lied when asked, and when the investigation was imminent, Urban deleted evidence off his phone.

Then the report, in spite of the 100% consistent record of Urban's behavior which suggests a cover up, said this was an accident with no supporting evidence whatsoever.No one disagrees with what they found. The half-hearted "but he didn't mean it" motivation that was blatantly tacked on to justify not firing him for something that is 1000% fireable is the objection.

Can you imagine the reverse of the scenario? Think about what Bucknuts would be this morning if Courtney Smith was found to have bought makeup to add bruises, testified repeatedly to the OSU Zach Smith beat her to try and get Zach Smith fired, and deleted her phone records after OSU asked for them. Then OSU fired Smith/Urban and says that even though they found all this evidence, Courtney didn't know any of this was against the rules so it's okay? 

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

You know who's a proven liar about this whole thing?  Urban Meyer.

I agree that Meyer lied. But we really don’t need the FSU fanbase getting on any sort of soapbox and chiming in here, for the love of all that is good. 

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

You are confusing facts and conclusions. Conclusions are not facts. Investigations elicit facts and sometimes, as here, the investigators also make conclusions based on the facts. We, however, are free to evaluate the facts and come to a different conclusion. That doesn't require bias or uncritical thinking. That doesn't mean we are saying we are better investigators. Do you think when a jury finds a defendant not guilty in court they are saying they are better investigators than the detectives who investigated the case and believe the defendant is guilty?

You are correct, that is something I'm erring on but at the same time they spent weeks diving through everything that could get their hands on. So while conclusions =/= facts, they are conclusions based off their findings which is many, many, many hours of investigating so I do feel the need to take their findings over people on FF. Again, if Urban would've been fired, that's what they determined was necessary and whether or not I wanted it, they found evidence to do it.

10 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This isn't a "life is messy" thing, there is ample and now openly available evidence that Zach Smith is a mentally unhinged man who likely abused his family. And yet still people are trying to paint his now ex-wife as a crazy drunk and then will opine in the next thread about an NFL player who hurt a woman why they recant or don't press charges.

I would like to point out that one of the people that painted Courtney as a crazy drunk was her own mother, not just random people on the internet with pro-OSU allegiances.  I don't think anyone is trying to defend Smith or deny that he isn't responsible for his actions, though the statements of some, to include Courtney's mother, seem to show that it wasn't a perfect situation.

Unless you all want this thread locked again, please stop attacking other posters and fan bases.  Stick to the topic at hand, the findings from the reports, and discuss their merits.  Disparaging others opinions based on their fandom does nothing to further the conversation.  @IDOG_det just bringing you in the loop if you haven't seen the past few pages.

6 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

You are correct, that is something I'm erring on but at the same time they spent weeks diving through everything that could get their hands on. So while conclusions =/= facts, they are conclusions based off their findings which is many, many, many hours of investigating so I do feel the need to take their findings over people on FF. Again, if Urban would've been fired, that's what they determined was necessary and whether or not I wanted it, they found evidence to do it.

I'll again post my Detective vs Jury hypo.

And the investigators didn't determine punishment, the board/president did. As far as bias goes I think we can all agree they have a bias to keep a winning coach who brings in millions of dollars if they can.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

I'll again post my Detective vs Jury hypo.

And the investigators didn't determine punishment, the board/president did. As far as bias goes I think we can all agree they have a bias to keep a winning coach who brings in millions of dollars if they can.

You're right, they didn't. I would hope their findings should influence the decision of those who made it.

I need to exit this thread though. People had their minds made up and only one outcome would suit them so now they're going to latch onto anything that suggests what they wanted to happen, should have happened. It's over and for that, I'm thankful.

31 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Because the situation is even worse after OSU's independent investigation and yet the punishment was much weaker than what everyone already expected and should have expected based on the report's findings.

Well, it's over so why whine about it?

Also since this is "Footballs Future", Every team after Wk 3 better buckle their chin strap extra tight, I guarantee Urban will be out for to send a message on the field.

Archived