How're those Rookies Doing? TC/PS Edition

Chiefer

On 8/10/2018 at 9:21 AM, ET80 said:

- Duke Ejiofor? Man, guy really showed up. Has a devastating spin move coming off the edge. Once that stopped working, he had this really nice jab and under move that was raising hell out there. There's not many snaps to hand out with Clowney and Mercilius at OLB, but Ejiofor is making a case for some snaps. He's not overly athletic, but he gets the nuances of pass rushing.

Loved him as a prospect. Really understands the game. Knows how to win despite having neither elite speed nor strength. Just a crafty edge guy that brings great energy. Pretty good against the run too, but will struggle when OT's lock him out. Idk if this is true, but it seems like he's got short arms.

Mayfield - apparently no surprises. Looks poised, smart, accurate

Ward - very impressive in camp

Corbett - penciled in to start at LG but I wasnt impressed in game 1

Chubb - haven't heard much

Calloway - looked great week 1 and in practice but needs to avoid trouble 

On 8/12/2018 at 2:48 PM, jrry32 said:

Damn. I was hoping for a breakout from him. 

Willis had his best game against the Cowboys.  Willis, Lawson, Hubbard, and Dunlap are going to be a problem.  Good thing for other teams Marvin isn't smart enough to give them all reps over Michael Johnson...o.O

Chris Warren III has had 31 carries for 196 yds and a TD in 2 preseason games.  As an undrafted FA he is averaging 6.3 yds per carry(yes, mostly against 2nd and 3rd teams).  Still pretty impressive being he is mostly running behind our 2nd and 3rd team Olinemen.  He may end up as our 4th RB behind Lynch, Martin, and one of Richard/Washington, the other is likely to be cut.

On 2018-08-11 at 7:07 PM, jebrick said:

ILB.

Olasunkanmi Adeniyi, UDFA OLB Toledo looked like Deebo Jr. Against the Eagles.  I will say he was going against a former rugby player at OT but he had a great pass rush, caused a strip sack and could hold the edge vs the run.

edmunds - nice ST play but got burned twice for TD's on D vas the pack :S

rudolph - decent at times

washington - looks legit no matter what round he went in. Might be our next WR steal, and if we could only have such success drafting in other areas as we do with WR

OT chuks - cab ride to get around him and is decent at getting away with the occasional hold . Power doesn't phase him.

allen - I haven't seen him play, will he even make the team?

Agree with jebrick that Adeniyi has a chance to make the team.  Will we keep 5 OLB's?

On 8/10/2018 at 10:13 AM, mistakey said:

baker mayfield - everything we could have asked for
denzel ward - hits hard, already starting, so i guess pretty good
austin corbett- already starting at LG, so i guess pretyt good?
nick chubb - #2, had a rough day yesterday but the run blocking of our 2nd unit seemed pretty bad so, maybe not his fault
chad thomas - havent heard anything
antonio callaway - stay sober, young one; very fast
genard avery - apparently doin well
others dont really matter

genard avery - strip sack last night, apparently our 2nd best pass rusher already, looks to be a stud
ratley wr - improving fast, got early touches last night and played special teams - gotta think he's making hte team over janis
chad thomas prob falling
simeon thomas, never heard his name tbh

Archived