4 Fantasy Football Questions: Please Help

JaguarCrazy2832

Hello Cowboys Fans,

I am going forum to forum to ask 3 questions and also looking for any information/insight you have to offer about your beloved team and will have each thread linked in the fantasy football forum as a way for everyone to help everyone(ET already cleared me doing this)

1. Dak Prescott regressed a little last year after a very impressive rookie season. Now with Dez & Witten gone, do you expect him to play closer to his rookie form as he has gained more experience?

2. Ezekiel Elliot put together a great fantasy football season after missing 6 games, with teams keying on him even more do you expect him to struggle to find holes or is the OL going to be even better with its youthful tenacity?

3. Who is the "Other Cowboy" to own in fantasy? Is there one? Allen Hurns was once a solid #2 but injuries have got the best of him

4. Who are the over/underrated fantasy players you would like to call out and what do you expect of them statistically?

1. Hard to say with Dak...he may be fine, but it's not hard to see this group of WRs struggling. 

2. Zeke is gonna have a monster year. 

3. Dan Bailey will put up some solid numbers as K. I'd also watch Lance Lenoir as the season progresses. Believe he is a major dark horse. 

4. Cole Beasley. Off year least season, but he may be the most reliable WR on the roster. 

1. Dak is probably a better fantasy QB than he is an actual QB. For instance you mention Dak struggling last year, and he did, but after the first 8 weeks of 2017 Dak was leading all nfl players in fantasy points per game. Then Zeke got suspended and the Atlanta game happened and Dak was never the same. He still finished as the 10th best QB. I would expect another top 10 performance as he is the assured starter for his team, a duel threat, and extremely durable. That gives him a pretty high floor, with a surprisingly high ceiling.

2. Zeke is the best RB in the league playing behind the best OL in the league. He is also a goal line back, that has tremendous fantasy value.

3. Not really another Cowboy to own outside Zeke and Dak. Eventually a WR will emerge but as of right now Cole Beasly looks like our #1 target and he's been useless in fantasy even if he is fun to cheer for. Yes Hurns could end up being the guy, or maybe rookie Michael Gallup, or last year's #2 Terrence Williams if he isn't suspended. But you can't draft any of these guys to be a main guy, unless you're in a deep league. It's a crapshoot to find the eventual #1 and even then, I don't expect our eventual #1 to have over 800 yards or 7 TDs. Dak has emphasised spreading the ball around which means bad news for fantasy WRs. 

4. Underrated or unheard of player is TE Blake Jarwin. Like WR, somebody is eventually going to emerge as the #1 and at TE the #1 is featured a bit more and rotates a bit less than WR. Right now Jarwin is slotted to be that guy, which could change, but I have a feeling the staff likes this guy. Not many people have heard of him but if he emerges as our #1 TE,  he could have a respectable year with Dak Prescott who likes to check it down. A mere 5.3 ppg makes you a top 10 TE. In a 12 man league, Jarwin is probably completely undrafted in most.

1. As WH pointed out. This is kinda a make or break year for Dak as well as JG, Linehan and others even if Jerry isn't saying it.

2. No doubt Zeke is a top 3 rusher and likely league's leading rusher if he plays all 16 games.

3. I have heard nothing but great things about Gallup from the time we called his name in the draft. Supposedly he's been tearing it up in camp with almost mind boggling catches. I'm sure he may struggle. But at this point he could very well be our starting No.1 for all we know so he will get alot of looks.

4. Over rated more then likely will be Dak. Hoping im wrong. But underrated maybe Tavon Austin who may not get a ton of touches but does have the ability to break it for a long one and may surprise this year. But to be on the safe side. Our offense is an almost completely unknown coming into this season considering the utter lack of proven receiving talent. So buyer beware tag on anything outside of Zeke.

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dear lord, you are still on this shtick? 

Matt's thinks Dak is a top 1 QB in the league, a top 2 human(right under Jesus of Nazareth), and top 5 God of the multiverse. Should be the top guy off your board in fantasy. He'll have more passing yards than Big Ben, more rushing yards than Cam, and more TDs than A Rod.

Don't miss out on drafting Dak. You may not even need to start a RB if you get him.

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Matt's thinks Dak is a top 1 QB in the league, a top 2 human(right under Jesus of Nazareth), and top 5 God of the multiverse. Should be the top guy off your board in fantasy. He'll have more passing yards than Big Ben, more rushing yards than Cam, and more TDs than A Rod.

Don't miss out on drafting Dak. You may not even need to start a RB if you get him.

Matt's sounds like a goddamned genius.

1. On the one hand, Dak has a solid floor because he's going to be a threat with his legs. I think losing Dez and Witten will be a wash. Yeah, he lost arguably his top two targets, but the offense can be more creative with them out of the picture, and he doesn't need to force feed Dez. I could see a borderline top 12 finish for him, but the lack of talent outside of Zeke hurts too.

2. Zeke is probably going to get between 350-375 touches. He's a workhorse and will likely lead the NFL in rushing. We'll see if they are smart enough to get him 60+ targets through the air ala Todd Gurley. If he gets those, he could be RB1.

3. Michael Gallup is my guy. I think he's going to be one of the more productive rookie WR's this year. But even then, he'll have to exceed expectation to be a WR3 on a good fantasy team.

4. People are quick to anoint Rico Gathers as the TE in waiting, but he might not even make the final roster. If you're going to own a Cowboys TE, it should be Blake Jarwin. But even then, he's a streaming option at best.

Archived