4 Fantasy Football Questions: Please Help

Hello Redskins Fans,

I am going forum to forum to ask 3 questions and also looking for any information/insight you have to offer about your beloved team and will have each thread linked in the fantasy football forum as a way for everyone to help everyone(ET already cleared me doing this)

1. The Redskins have 3 good WRs on their roster but not a bonafide #1. Is there someone between Paul Richardson, Josh Doctson and Jamison Crowder that will separate themselves and be the most desirable WR on a week to week basis? 

2. Derrius Guice might have the clearest path to a full workload plus a decent OL sans Barkley. Can he put together a season with 1250 rush/rec yards and 9 TDs? Will he be afforded the opportunity to do so?

3. Who is more likely to turn in a Top-10 fantasy season at their position? Jordan Reed or Alex Smith and what do you expect from them this season statistically? 

4. Who are the over/underrated fantasy players you would like to call out and what do you expect of them statistically?

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hello Redskins Fans,

I am going forum to forum to ask 3 questions and also looking for any information/insight you have to offer about your beloved team and will have each thread linked in the fantasy football forum as a way for everyone to help everyone(ET already cleared me doing this)

1. The Redskins have 3 good WRs on their roster but not a bonafide #1. Is there someone between Paul Richardson, Josh Doctson and Jamison Crowder that will separate themselves and be the most desirable WR on a week to week basis? 

2. Derrius Guice might have the clearest path to a full workload plus a decent OL sans Barkley. Can he put together a season with 1250 rush/rec yards and 9 TDs? Will he be afforded the opportunity to do so?

3. Who is more likely to turn in a Top-10 fantasy season at their position? Jordan Reed or Alex Smith and what do you expect from them this season statistically? 

4. Who are the over/underrated fantasy players you would like to call out and what do you expect of them statistically?

1.  All reports from camp have been that Crowder has developed the best rapport with Alex Smith so far.  I’d go with him, especially in PPR.

2.  Yes, but I think his receiving yards will be relatively low as Chris Thompson will likely be in for passing downs.  Also Perine could vulture some goal line TDs.

3. Jordan Reed.  Smith just isn’t a high star guy.  Word out of camp is Reed is healthy entering the season unlike last year.  If Reeds healthy he’s a top 5 fantasy TE, especially with a QB not known for throwing deep.  Smith will likely look to Reed often.

4. Doctson could rack up some TDs if he’s healthy.  Super deep sleeper could be WR Robert Davis.

12 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

1.  All reports from camp have been that Crowder has developed the best rapport with Alex Smith so far.  I’d go with him, especially in PPR.

2.  Yes, but I think his receiving yards will be relatively low as Chris Thompson will likely be in for passing downs.  Also Perine could vulture some goal line TDs.

3. Jordan Reed.  Smith just isn’t a high star guy.  Word out of camp is Reed is healthy entering the season unlike last year.  If Reeds healthy he’s a top 5 fantasy TE, especially with a QB not known for throwing deep.  Smith will likely look to Reed often.

4. Doctson could rack up some TDs if he’s healthy.  Super deep sleeper could be WR Robert Davis.

This. Perfect answer 

Outside of Guice I don’t think there’s anyone on the team I’d draft highly.

Reed is unreliable, I would never pick him as my TE1

Smith could be a sneaky QB1 in grudens offense and worth a flyer in round 8-10

WR is too unknown for me to feel good about spending anything more than a WR3/WR4 type pick on. Not sure who’s gonna get the numbers.

Sleeper in my mind is probably Chris Thompson, in the sense he’s cominh back from injury and probably isn’t going to be viewed highly, but especially in a PPR league I think he’s goinh to provide flex value.

On 8/1/2018 at 2:37 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Jordan Reed if healthy, Vernon Davis otherwise.

Can he? Yes. Will he? No. Should he be the second rookie taken? Yes and I could make an argument (as a homer) for him to be the first.

Neither, in all likelihood. If I had to choose, I would say Reed due to fewer options at TE.

For a dynasty league, keep an eye on Trey Quinn. Kid could be heir apparent to Jamison Crowder. I doubt he'll do much this year, but just keep an ear out for him.

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

As someone that lives in VA and watches alot of Redskin football, i am well aware this is the #1 rule in fantasy until proven otherwise. 

The truth is that taking JReed is a smart play, as is JDoc late. You just be better sure to have a good TE on the bench and a good #3 wr.

Reed & JDoc could combine for as much as 20 TDs this year in a perfect world, now we all know nothing’s perfect especially in DC sports so they’ll probably end up in the 10 to 15 range. The last time Reed started and finished 12 games was in 2015 and he has 11 TDs that year and then had a TD in the playoffs too. So that’s basically a TD a game.

Doctson didn’t hardly see the field last year in the first month and still ended up with 6 TDs. He also dropped a few he should’ve had and Cousins missed him on a few. Doc could of/should of had 8 or 9 TDs in 11 games where he played starter snaps.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The truth is that taking JReed is a smart play, as is JDoc late. You just be better sure to have a good TE on the bench and a good #3 wr.

Reed & JDoc could combine for as much as 20 TDs this year in a perfect world, now we all know nothing’s perfect especially in DC sports so they’ll probably end up in the 10 to 15 range. The last time Reed started and finished 12 games was in 2015 and he has 11 TDs that year and then had a TD in the playoffs too. So that’s basically a TD a game.

Doctson didn’t hardly see the field last year in the first month and still ended up with 6 TDs. He also dropped a few he should’ve had and Cousins missed him on a few. Doc could of/should of had 8 or 9 TDs in 11 games where he played starter snaps.

taking a injury prone tight end is not a smart play. id prefer kirks target in minn

17 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

taking a injury prone tight end is not a smart play. id prefer kirks target in minn

First of all, it’s tight end, not a big deal. Take Reed and then take another good TE behind him. Like, Eric Ebron probably won’t go high but if the reports about Luck are true and his arm is feeling as good as it did years ago, watch out. Luck loves going to the TE. Luck to Ebron could be a sleeper play.

That’s true, Kyle Rudolph from the purple team is good to draft as well.

On 8/3/2018 at 1:15 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

As someone that lives in VA and watches alot of Redskin football, i am well aware this is the #1 rule in fantasy until proven otherwise. 

If you had to draft anyone from Washington, the only ones I would really on with any confidence would be Guice, Thompson, and Smith (probably that order).

2 hours ago, Woz said:

If you had to draft anyone from Washington, the only ones I would really on with any confidence would be Guice, Thompson, and Smith (probably that order).

Guice would be the way to go. He can do what all of our 5 former main/starting rbs couldn’t do from 2015-2017; consistently hit a hole quickly, get downhill, make LBs miss and run over DBs and turn 3 or 4 yard runs into 10 to 20 yard runs or home runs with a few decent blocks from the WRs.

My cousin who does all my fantasy football stuff at NFLMock.com can also be followed on twitter @FF_Wheeler and was ranked as one of the top 10 most accurate draft experts. If you have any questions you can ask him on the site or on twitter. 

Utimately it depends on the type of league and if its PPR or Standard. Crowder for PPR. Production right now? No clue. Because of the health concerns of every receiver, the most viable might be to grab Vernon Davis or Chris Thompson and use them as a flex. 

Archived