Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bucsfan333

Jason Licht gets one year extension

Recommended Posts

Worth every penny, in my opinion. He's had his misses, but he's turned this team around. BIG TIME. And the way we went from one the worst, least talented defensive lines to one of the better ones in one offseason is pretty amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it...   a lot of people give him hate but I think he has done a great job.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

I like it...   a lot of people give him hate but I think he has done a great job.   

Same. I think our team is 100000000x better since he took over. Our record doesn't show it but he's not coaching. He can only get all the pieces. And I think he has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Licht is on a high end middle of the pack GM. He has some bad questionable decisions but also has fair share of good ones too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did an excellent job this offseason, on paper.

I don’t think we have come into the season feeling we had a bad offseason under Licht’s tenure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HEs done a good job. Another year extension is worthy. He’s done well through the draft. Outside of 2014 and 2016, he’s been a very good talent evaluator. It takes time to build through the draft. 

I will say he defintely seems to be learning from his mistakes and how to build the roster. 

I can’t fault him for any decisions he’s made that were at the glazers hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

HEs done a good job. Another year extension is worthy. He’s done well through the draft. Outside of 2014 and 2016, he’s been a very good talent evaluator. It takes time to build through the draft. 

I will say he defintely seems to be learning from his mistakes and how to build the roster. 

I can’t fault him for any decisions he’s made that were at the glazers hand. 

If anyone was gonna be upset about this, I expected it to be you. This is a pleasant surprise. 😁

I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

If anyone was gonna be upset about this, I expected it to be you. This is a pleasant surprise. 😁

I agree.

Hah yeah. I mean if this was a 3 year extension I’d grill it. 

I’m still mad over not taking Jimmy G in 2014. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Hah yeah. I mean if this was a 3 year extension I’d grill it. 

I’m still mad over not taking Jimmy G in 2014. 

Fair enough. Jimmy G looks like he's gonna be a good one. But I'm sure being being coached by the GOAT and sitting behind and watching the other GOAT helped tremendously. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Fair enough. Jimmy G looks like he's gonna be a good one. But I'm sure being being coached by the GOAT and sitting behind and watching the other GOAT helped tremendously. 😀

Great coaches don’t make sub average players great. Jimmy G was a great prospect who would have been great anywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Great coaches don’t make sub average players great. Jimmy G was a great prospect who would have been great anywhere. 

I disagree with that. Aaron Rodgers is amazing because he sat and learned worked on everything for like three years. He wouldn't have come out and immediately been a badass without that.

I think Jimmy G taking a smiliar route helped his development tremendously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2018 at 6:02 PM, bucsfan333 said:

I disagree with that. Aaron Rodgers is amazing because he sat and learned worked on everything for like three years. He wouldn't have come out and immediately been a badass without that.

I think Jimmy G taking a smiliar route helped his development tremendously.

Jimmy G had the tools to be great. The accuracy. The football iq. 

Youre giving no credit to the players when you say they wouldn’t be where they are today without sitting behind legends. False. 

What hurt jimmy G in 2014 was that he didn’t play in a D1 school. He had everything else and had first round talent. Just didn’t face it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Youre giving no credit to the players when you say they wouldn’t be where they are today without sitting behind legends. False. 

It has nothing to do with who they sat behind. Just the fact that they sat. Carson Palmer sat behind John Kitna before he started and he peaked as the QB everyone rated just behind Peyton/Brady. And he played like that for a few years. But it took time to get there.

I think David Carr would have been a lot better off sitting his rookie year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It has nothing to do with who they sat behind. Just the fact that they sat. Carson Palmer sat behind John Kitna before he started and he peaked as the QB everyone rated just behind Peyton/Brady. And he played like that for a few years. But it took time to get there.

I think David Carr would have been a lot better off sitting his rookie year.

DAvid Carr got mentally shell shocked and got anxious in the pocket vs pressure. You either can deal with it or you can’t. 

Playing too early means you either will learn by fire or sitting- by watching. 

I’m for sitting a guy to learn but I don’t believe in all situations that playing early and failing means it was the situation. 

To play in the nfl you have to be mentally tough to go through the tough demands of the fan base coaches and organization. 

We don’t want to “ruin” guys playing them too early. If it does they don’t belong there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

DAvid Carr got mentally shell shocked and got anxious in the pocket vs pressure. You either can deal with it or you can’t. 

Playing too early means you either will learn by fire or sitting- by watching. 

I’m for sitting a guy to learn but I don’t believe in all situations that playing early and failing means it was the situation. 

To play in the nfl you have to be mentally tough to go through the tough demands of the fan base coaches and organization. 

We don’t want to “ruin” guys playing them too early. If it does they don’t belong there. 

Carr was the most hit QB in the NFL when he played. By A LOT. Knowing there's a chance you're gonna get your head taken off once like every four or five times you drop back is enough to rattle anyone.

I just don't think Jimmy starts out his career undefeated and playing as well as he has so far if he starts day one as a rookie. And from there, anything can happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×