Preseason Week 1: Post-game talk - Well that was fun

titans0021

I didn't see the game I only seen the last quarter so I can't comment on the rest of it but I thought Tanney played bad. This was his chance to push Cassel for the back up job but I don't think he helped himself at all last night. I have the game recorded I'm going to go back and attempt to watch it and see things for myself but it's one game we didn't have some of our starters on offense and this is why they play preseason games to learn and get better. 

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I didn't see the game I only seen the last quarter so I can't comment on the rest of it but I thought Tanney played bad. This was his chance to push Cassel for the back up job but I don't think he helped himself at all last night. I have the game recorded I'm going to go back and attempt to watch it and see things for myself but it's one game we didn't have some of our starters on offense and this is why they play preseason games to learn and get better. 

He was sacked like 6 or 7 times I don't think his head was in the game after some of the hits he took. A few of them were kind of scary. 

After "painfully" watching the replay of this game, the team just looked flat all-around, and the Jets had something to prove, especially to themselves.  I did see a few promising things from some of our young guys like Jayon Brown, Taywan Taylor, and Jeremy Boykins. 
Yeah, Tanney had a less-than-impressive outing, but the O-line didn't do him any favors to say the least.  He took a pounding all night, so I'll give him a pass this week.  Win or lose, I expect to see a much better effort from the team come next week.

2 hours ago, Farsendor1 said:

He was sacked like 6 or 7 times I don't think his head was in the game after some of the hits he took. A few of them were kind of scary. 

Ya I didn't see those just seen the throws at the end that weren't all that good. Since I posted that post I looked at the highlights and seemed like the O-Line struggled. Logan Ryan who I was very weary of signing didn't look good. I didn't see enough of the game yet to judge other stuff but read Tanney left and came back so maybe he wasn't all there

6 hours ago, ShupacTakur said:

Sounds like I should be glad I missed this one.  

Me too... from what I've read, it's one extremely meh.  It's one thing (and expected) to come out vanilla, but its another thing to come out flat.  Sounds like we were just flat... especially on O.

First preseason game isn't too much to go off of, but one of the biggest disappointments for me this past offseason was signing Williams at NT, instead of spending that money on CB/FS.  If Williams doesn't take that starting spot by the start of the season, and/or if he doesn't it turn it on during the season, it's one thing that will stick out... especially if the secondary gets burned on a consistent basis.  

Having said that... can't put too much stock into the first preseason game... but that flatness is a little concerning.

I'm really intrigued by Reed. Good speed, not great size, but adequate. Looked really smooth yesterday. Probably tough to see him breaking through the top four corners, but he's also working at safety. Given how desperately we need safeties that can play the pass, I'd give him a shot, even at his size.

Archived