Brandon Lafell Cut

ochocinco4pres

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I...I...I don't believe it...We made a smart decision.  THE BENGALS ARE READING OUR POSTS BOYS!

Extend Geno!!!

I think the FO has to make moves like this so it forces Marvin to play the young guys...otherwise he will continue to roll out vets and ignore the youth and talent. 

1 minute ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I think the FO has to make moves like this so it forces Marvin to play the young guys...otherwise he will continue to roll out vets and ignore the youth and talent. 

Apparently Lafell asked to be cut.  Guessing he knew he wasn't going to get playing time/had enough of the fan hate.  He seemed like a good guy, but he's not a #2 WR, so it is what it is...

Just now, TheVillain112 said:

Apparently Lafell asked to be cut.  Guessing he knew he wasn't going to get playing time/had enough of the fan hate.  He seemed like a good guy, but he's not a #2 WR, so it is what it is...

He’ll just go back to NE and win a super bowl 

3 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

frees up 2.8 million to be used elsewhere which is nice. 

LaFell was the perfect cut.  We really need to extend Geno with that extra cash.  I'm fine with using it on Dunlap as well, but we really should extend Geno first.  He's more vital and we have literally no one that can do what he does for our team...

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

LaFell was the perfect cut.  We really need to extend Geno with that extra cash.  I'm fine with using it on Dunlap as well, but we really should extend Geno first.  He's more vital and we have literally no one that can do what he does for our team...

Agreed on Geno. Definitely more important. Lafell was a good teammate and needed after the decision the team made to let guys walk. But they have made good picks to reload the roster at the position and it is sink or swim time for those guys so they know what they have. 

10 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

It doesn't really matter who goes first.  They're probably negotiating both of them simultaneously.  The one that gets extended first is the one that comes to terms fastest/easiest.

In regards to Lafell, it's funny this happened today.  I considered making a post last night asking if it was time to cut Lafell due to the play of the youngsters so far during camp.  But i decided to hold until we got to see Ross/Malone play in the first preseason game.  

I guess i should have posted it last night haha.

This was the right move.  Lafell doesn't bring much that that Malone or Ross can't do, and they need to play in order to grow.  You can't always wait for them to be ready before you roll them out there.  Sometimes you just have to see the potential and roll them out there on a hunch.

1 minute ago, HangOnSloopy said:

Well, I didn't expect to see this move.  I wonder if they plan on playing Ross outside and Boyd in the slot all the time, or mix and match?

They'll mix and match.  Green plays the slot sometimes so they can get certain matchups.

Archived