Titans Safety Johnathan Cyprien tears ACL

SteelKing728

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That are all probably better than Cyp

Was just thinking the same thing. Both Vacarro and Reid are superior all around players to Cyprien, in my opinion. I can't speak for Vacarro, but I know that you can also maximize some of Reid's talents by sliding him into the LB / moneybacker role as well and he will be a lockdown cover guy on tight ends (at least he was last year) in coverage (he struggles a bit more in coverage if you are going to put him up high). 

If they are willing to sign either of those guys, I don't think this is even a blip on the radar. 

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Was just thinking the same thing. Both Vacarro and Reid are superior all around players to Cyprien, in my opinion. I can't speak for Vacarro, but I know that you can also maximize some of Reid's talents by sliding him into the LB / moneybacker role as well and he will be a lockdown cover guy on tight ends (at least he was last year) in coverage (he struggles a bit more in coverage if you are going to put him up high). 

If they are willing to sign either of those guys, I don't think this is even a blip on the radar. 

Eric won't get signed, because well...you know.

Eric Reid is a better version of Cyprien, but I'm not all that confident we'll actually pull the trigger there (as much as I'm really, really rooting for it). Vaccaro seems like the likely option due to talent/lack of controversy. I'm really concerned it's going to end up being Webb though.

Even though I'm not a fan of Cyprien, it still sucks whenever a starter goes down with injury. He also played a big role in our playoff game when he knocked out Travis Kelce. But at least with this early news we can find another guy who frankly will probably be better in coverage. 

Sucks for him and the Titans. I was on his bandwagon as a prospect, but he hasn’t been all that special, honestly. 

If Tennessee brings in Reid, their secondary will have been substantially upgraded IMO.

Archived