4 Fantasy Football Questions: Please Help

JaguarCrazy2832

Hello Vikings Fans,

I am going forum to forum to ask 3 questions and also looking for any information/insight you have to offer about your beloved team and will have each thread linked in the fantasy football forum as a way for everyone to help everyone(ET already cleared me doing this)

1. Dalvin Cook is easily the most prized fantasy star in purple but is 1600 total yards and 9 TDs too steep of an expectation for someone that missed most of his rookie season?

2. Stefon Diggs was the big hero of the NFC Divisional game and Adam Thielen was Mr. Reliable for the Vikes, which of the 2 is the bigger prize to own in fantasy for both standard/ppr leagues?

3. Who is the more valuable Viking to own? Kirk Cousins or Kyle Rudolph? Rudolph is pretty steady but Cousins has some serious weapons this year and might even be a Top-5 QB if things go his way

4. Who are the over/underrated fantasy players you would like to call out and what do you expect of them statistically?

1. Too high on the yardage, pretty good on the TDs

2. Both should have pretty similar stats on the year. Diggs will likely have a couple of monster games, while Thielen is very consistent.

3. I think Cousins is the better player to own. I think he is a sleeper for top 8 fantasy QB.

4. Laquon Treadwell could very well turn into a flex play this year. He's been putting on a show with the first team offense so far in camp, and finally has a QB that will look his way.

31 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

3. Who is the more valuable Viking to own? Kirk Cousins or Kyle Rudolph? Rudolph is pretty steady but Cousins has some serious weapons this year and might even be a Top-5 QB if things go his way

is this a serious question?

43 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hello Vikings Fans,

I am going forum to forum to ask 3 questions and also looking for any information/insight you have to offer about your beloved team and will have each thread linked in the fantasy football forum as a way for everyone to help everyone(ET already cleared me doing this)

1. Dalvin Cook is easily the most prized fantasy star in purple but is 1600 total yards and 9 TDs too steep of an expectation for someone that missed most of his rookie season?

2. Stefon Diggs was the big hero of the NFC Divisional game and Adam Thielen was Mr. Reliable for the Vikes, which of the 2 is the bigger prize to own in fantasy for both standard/ppr leagues?

4. Who are the over/underrated fantasy players you would like to call out and what do you expect of them statistically?

1. I'm not great with stat projections, but I think where he's been slotted on most FF rankings is fair. DeFilippo gushes about the kid.
2. I think if you're looking for steady production, it's Thielen. Diggs will probably give you the bigger weeks, but probably won't be as consistent.
3. I'm very high on Cousins' fantasy outlook. Rudolph is solid, but unspectacular.
4. Again, I don't do stat projections, but I think Treadwell will deserve to be on rosters at various points during the season. Latavius Murray may have some standalone value, but would be the bellcow if something happened to Cook.

9 hours ago, vike daddy said:

is this a serious question?

Absolutely in fantasy football. Kirk in fantasy football is still a QB. I never tend to value QB’s  too high. 

Scoring TE’s actually tend to be harder to come by. Rudolph by far to be is more “valuable” in a fantasy football perspective.

1. 1,600 total yards should be close, TD’s could be high. Murray is one of the highest Redzone usage runningbacks the past couple of years in Oakland and in Minnesota. Should steal a couple TD’s from Cook. 

2. Still taking Adam over Diggs. He should still be Mr. Consistent. Diggs you tend to have to worry about injuries, but is a home run threat. 

3. Look above.

4. Hard call here. If I was going to take a risk on a player it just might be Tyler Conklin. Rudolph has battled injuries before, and the value of a 2nd TE in this offense may become something to continue to watch. I look for him to rise above David Morgan on the depth chart and maybe see some playing time. A less gamble look could be Murray, Treadwell/Wright. 

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hello Vikings Fans,

1. As others have mentioned. Yards seem a little high, but I wouldn't be surprised if he accomplished that. Nothing but great reviews coming out of camp on Dalvin.

2. I've been feeling like Diggs is in for a big year, so I'm going with him. 

3. No doubt in terms of position for fantasy football Rudolph is more valuable. Limited number of good TE's and you can get guys like Ryan, Rivers, Cousins, and even Brees in mocks I've done very late.

4. Hopefully Treadwell. Having a great camp. Flip and Cousins have been really talking him up.

12 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hello Vikings Fans,

1.  I personally think it's high on both accounts.  The yardage is probably significantly too high, and on the TDs, I actually anticipate that Latavius will get most of the red zone carries, so Cook will have to get most of his TDs on longer runs and receptions, so 9 may be a little too much.

2.  I'd still find Thielen a more reliable scorer.  

3.  IMO, Rudolph will be huge in the red zone and Cousins likes TEs, so he could be a better fantasy play at his position than Cousins will be.  Cousins won't be forced to pass as much as he did in Washington, since he has a better rushing attack here, so he may not be as high a scorer in fantasy play.  

4.  I would stash Latavius Murray as a depth RB on my roster, because of the goal-line touches and in case of another injury to Cook.  

What do people think about Dalvin in the passing game? If you extrapolated his numbers over 16 last year, he'd have 44 receptions with 360 yards.

I feel like those numbers could jump up significantly. 

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hello Vikings Fans,

1. Probably too much yardage, but I wouldn't be shocked if the TD's were right on or a bit higher.

2. I would lean towards Thielen, just because of health concerns, but both are pretty safe picks.

3. Cousins, Rudolph is mainly a red zone TE, whereas Cousins could have a great year with the offensive talent the Vikings have.

4. Kyle Rudolph: 570 yards and 8 TD's. It's a good stat line, but probably not going to be consistent.
Daniel Carlson: He is a boom or bust player I'd say. It would depend on how consistent he is, but I'd expect a few down weeks, especially not at home.

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

Daniel Carlson: He is a boom or bust player I'd say. It would depend on how consistent he is, but I'd expect a few down weeks, especially not at home.

Great pick! Honestly, I think I might target him if I miss out on the top few kickers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 10:43 AM, The Gnat said:

1. Probably too much yardage, but I wouldn't be shocked if the TD's were right on or a bit higher.

2. I would lean towards Thielen, just because of health concerns, but both are pretty safe picks.

3. Cousins, Rudolph is mainly a red zone TE, whereas Cousins could have a great year with the offensive talent the Vikings have.

4. Kyle Rudolph: 570 yards and 8 TD's. It's a good stat line, but probably not going to be consistent.

Has he lacked consistency this offseason? He was one of the most consistent guys at Auburn and given thats my wife's alma mater so I've followed him more closely. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Has he lacked consistency this offseason? He was one of the most consistent guys at Auburn and given thats my wife's alma mater so I've followed him more closely. 

Made all FGs (57 yarder at MileHigh) and XPs in preseason game last Saturday.

Archived