Controversial topic

mistakey

I say we give hue a shot this year

dont get me wrong if he goes 0-4 again the LAKE LAKE LKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE chants will come out from this here account 

but

im gettin a good vibe about this team and 

P༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

8 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I say we give hue a shot this year

dont get me wrong if he goes 0-4 again the LAKE LAKE LKE LAKE LAKE LAKE LAKE chants will come out from this here account 

but

im gettin a good vibe about this team and 

P༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I just listened to the orange and brown report podcast and peter king was on he said that in a conversation he had with Joe Thomas, Joe called Hue the best coach he has had since he was drafted 

I’m not so sure it’s controversial. There’s a hugely positive vibe coming out of Berea. I still think Hue sounds like a moron here and there, but camp seems to be rolling so what do I know?

Right now we seem to be the coaching island of misfits. 

I will say, the man's players love him. Almost all keep playing hard under him, even during the worst seasons and when all hope is lost. He lacks old fashioned integrity, definitely looking out for himself, first and foremost, but he doesn't seem like a born d-bag, treating people under him like garbage.

18 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We’ve been a 5-win caliber roster that won 0 last year. No one will convince me to this point that he’s a good long-term at this point. 

With that said, I absolutely hope he turns things around and proves me wrong.

Get ready to be proven wrong, we did not have a 5 win roster last year, we had quite possibly the worst roster in the history of the NFL, starting with QB.  A combined zero wins for the entire room, not just for the season, but for their careers.  Honestly, that likely may not change for any of the 3.  I could realistically see none of them ever winning a game that they started.  Our best playmaker was our #2 RB.  Second was an extremely raw rookie TE.  We had some WRs with potential, but none were world beaters, since the QB could not get the ball to them, it did not matter.  Our pass rush was destroyed by injury.  Our secondary was mostly just slow and lethargic.  The best players back there were 2 strong safeties, one of them had to play out of position though.

Our roster would have struggled against many college teams last year, they were that bad.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

I will say, the man's players love him. Almost all keep playing hard under him, even during the worst seasons and when all hope is lost. He lacks old fashioned integrity, definitely looking out for himself, first and foremost, but he doesn't seem like a born d-bag, treating people under him like garbage.

Yeah his players play for him, not well necessarily but the effort is there. I'm, sure his effort is there. He hasn't coached smart, Higgins and company running deep routes when we had no good receivers was just dumb. He is also stubborn vocally and wishy washy with his actions so I don't trust what he says.

He certainly needs to coach a lot better to be successful, or have the coordinators take over which is probably best case scenario.

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I just listened to the orange and brown report podcast and peter king was on he said that in a conversation he had with Joe Thomas, Joe called Hue the best coach he has had since he was drafted 

I mean, that list isn’t super impressive tbh but they all managed to win more games than Hue somehow.

Christ, Pettine won 10 games in the same period of time, as did Mangini. Both managed one more than Shurmur, who won 9. Romeo won 14 in the two seasons he coached Joe.  Chud only had one season, but he managed to win 4.  

Hue’s won one, in two years, but he’s the best coach? Idk, maybe he is, but I sure haven’t seen it yet. I haven’t seen a guy who’s elevated the play of the team he’s running.  He admittedly wasn’t given much, especially the first year, but he hasn’t managed to squeeze a single bit more out of the talent he was given.

Had he managed 6-7 wins over the last couple years I’d be singing a different tune I’m sure, but I’m 100% confident I could have replicated his record last season. 

Joe was a great player and he’s a smart guy, but saying a guy who’s only one of five coaches in the history of the league to go winless in a season is the best coach you played for sounds a lot more like loyalty and personal respect that honesty.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Joe was a great player and he’s a smart guy, but saying a guy who’s only one of five coaches in the history of the league to go winless in a season is the best coach you played for sounds a lot more like loyalty and personal respect that honesty.

Yeah love Joe but his player and coach analysis leaves something to be desired. He may know offensive linemen though.

Archived