Sign in to follow this  
mistakey

Controversial topic

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Sure and I’m gonna root for him just like I did for DA in 2007 - if he doesn’t make the playoffs I’m all for franchising him and trading him for a first round pick wait wat

I think we’re all rooting for him to be successful, but there’s a point where it’s hard to look through rose colored glasses based on what we’ve seen thus far.

The silver lining for me is Hue has less overall say organizationally and isn’t trying to wear two hats (HC/OC), both of which should serve him well.

No one is rooting against him, we just don’t have much in the way of expectations.

46 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

I'm really looking forward to this season too. I'm sick of reading negative comments about everything (not just Browns related, but the internet in general).

We got this.

Hell yes!

Definitely rooting for the team and am optimistic about the season.

It will take more than one year to change my opinion that Hue, as an HC, does not put his players in positions to succeed and is more concerned about his own job security than winning.

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Definitely rooting for the team and am optimistic about the season.

It will take more than one year to change my opinion that Hue, as an HC, does not put his players in positions to succeed and is more concerned about his own job security than winning.

Well said.

It seemed at times last year he called plays and designed his offense to highlight the inadequacies of the roster as opposed to masking them.

22 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well said.

It seemed at times last year he called plays and designed his offense to highlight the inadequacies of the roster as opposed to masking them.

Absolutely. I think it is hard (not impossible, but very hard) to deny that all signs point to Hue intentionally tanking the season in order to get Sashi fired. I mean, heck, that might the generous interpretation. The other interpretation is that he ruined a solid backup QB, went with a not remotely ready rookie, proceeded to pass at the highest % in the league, and STILL underperformed the team's expected win total according to points for/against by more than three wins. All while going 0-6 in one score games.

He's either incompetent or he intentionally ruined what little hope we had that season in order to get rid of the FO.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think we’re all rooting for him to be successful, but there’s a point where it’s hard to look through rose colored glasses based on what we’ve seen thus far.

The silver lining for me is Hue has less overall say organizationally and isn’t trying to wear two hats (HC/OC), both of which should serve him well.

No one is rooting against him, we just don’t have much in the way of expectations.

Ah don’t look brother let your unbridled optimism take the wheel and just focus on baker <3

40 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Ah don’t look brother let your unbridled optimism take the wheel and just focus on baker <3

Definitely geeked for Baker.

Of course Hue will park him on the bench with our luck.

I can be optimistic. If we go 10-6 for the next 8 years with Hue he will have a winning record as the Browns coach at 81-79.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I can be optimistic. If we go 10-6 for the next 8 years with Hue he will have a winning record as the Browns coach at 81-79.

😂 

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Definitely geeked for Baker.

Of course Hue will park him on the bench with our luck.

I think you mean with any luck. Worst thing for him is getting Kizered.

40 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I think you mean with any luck. Worst thing for him is getting Kizered.

Fair. 

I think Baker’s better prepared to go out and play than Kizer was.  I also can’t imagine Haley running an offense similar to Hue’s atrocity last season.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well said.

I’ve mentioned this before. Some of the crap I saw last year from him was so bad he had to be sabotaging the team. Or he was mandated by Haslam to throw games. 🤷🏼‍♂️

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Fair. 

I think Baker’s better prepared to go out and play than Kizer was.  I also can’t imagine Haley running an offense similar to Hue’s atrocity last season.

Yep Baker is a superior qb than Kizer and mentally way further along. 

10 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep Baker is a superior qb than Kizer and mentally way further along. 

Well yeah, as a #1 overall I would surely hope so. I think most #1 selections should at least be competent if they play year one, it is a passer friendly league now. 2nd round, much more hit and miss and with the decent QBs getting scooped up in round one it would probably be much more miss than hit.

If Kizer cut his turnovers in half he would have been okay. Mayfield should be up to that task immediately along with being a more accurate passer I think he would be fine starting year one. He still has to be better than Taylor to deserve it though. He certainly would start if we had Kessler (a weak armed Mayfield), Osweiler and Hogan competing against him.

On 8/3/2018 at 3:36 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, that list isn’t super impressive tbh but they all managed to win more games than Hue somehow.

Christ, Pettine won 10 games in the same period of time, as did Mangini. Both managed one more than Shurmur, who won 9. Romeo won 14 in the two seasons he coached Joe.  Chud only had one season, but he managed to win 4.  

Hue’s won one, in two years, but he’s the best coach? Idk, maybe he is, but I sure haven’t seen it yet. I haven’t seen a guy who’s elevated the play of the team he’s running.  He admittedly wasn’t given much, especially the first year, but he hasn’t managed to squeeze a single bit more out of the talent he was given.

Had he managed 6-7 wins over the last couple years I’d be singing a different tune I’m sure, but I’m 100% confident I could have replicated his record last season. 

Joe was a great player and he’s a smart guy, but saying a guy who’s only one of five coaches in the history of the league to go winless in a season is the best coach you played for sounds a lot more like loyalty and personal respect that honesty.

And/Or his is on the Haslam's payroll.