Preseason, Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Broncos (0-0)

swede700

Who will pass for more yards in this game?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will pass for more yards in this game?

• Trevor Siemien
    • Paxton Lynch
    • Kyle Sloter
    • Chad Kelly
    • Other

Maybe I should change my member name to "Mr. Cynical!"  I will pay attention when the games count.  I am glad you guys thought they played well...but, it's preseason...I've lived long enough to realize that nothing that happens in preseason is predictive of what will happen in the regular season.

29 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Maybe I should change my member name to "Mr. Cynical!"  I will pay attention when the games count.  I am glad you guys thought they played well...but, it's preseason...I've lived long enough to realize that nothing that happens in preseason is predictive of what will happen in the regular season.

Absolutely, although I thought the Mr. Cynical title would belong to PCP.  :D

They certainly played well, but there is no game-planning, so the more talented team (which the Vikings are) should win more often than not.  

Quarterback Chad Kelly, the last player taken in the 2017 draft, finally has gotten some reps with the second-string offense in Denver, supplanting 2016 first-rounder Paxton Lynch. Via Mike Klis of 9News.com, Kelly is getting reps with the No. 2 team on Monday, and Lynch has been dropped to No. 3.

Lynch lost competitions in consecutive years with Trevor Siemian, also a seventh-round pick, to become the starter. Lynch now has to worry about losing the competition with seventh-rounder Kelly for the backup gig.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/13/chad-kelly-finally-gets-second-team-reps/

30 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Quarterback Chad Kelly, the last player taken in the 2017 draft, finally has gotten some reps with the second-string offense in Denver, supplanting 2016 first-rounder Paxton Lynch. Via Mike Klis of 9News.com, Kelly is getting reps with the No. 2 team on Monday, and Lynch has been dropped to No. 3.

Lynch lost competitions in consecutive years with Trevor Siemian, also a seventh-round pick, to become the starter. Lynch now has to worry about losing the competition with seventh-rounder Kelly for the backup gig.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/13/chad-kelly-finally-gets-second-team-reps/

The Broncos should start looking to convert Lynch to a WR or something. He clearly isn't going to be an NFL QB.

7 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

So I'm super late on this, but I totally forgot that Denver's Offensive Coordinator is Bill Musgrave and their Defensive Coordinator is Joe Woods.

...yikes!

You are super late to the party.  I remember complaining about why Joe Woods even got the DC job, since he was a mediocre DB coach here...and that's the most positive thing I can say.  Musgrave isn't a super creative OC, but he's been severely underappreciated throughout his career.  He's better than people give him credit for.  

45 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Musgrave isn't a super creative OC, but he's been severely underappreciated throughout his career.  He's better than people give him credit for. 

I could get behind this. Wasn't he behind Carr's big season in Oakland? He also had crap to work with at QB here.

Archived