Our big looming extensions

bucsfan333

Kwon Alexander, Ali Marpet, and Donovan Smith are all up for (what will be) $10M+ extensions. According to OTC we have a little more than $14M in cap space for this season and just a smidge more over $14M in cap space next season.

How do we do it? What do you think? Do we let someone walk? Do we make some key cuts/trades? How would YOU do it?

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Kwon Alexander, Ali Marpet, and Donovan Smith are all up for (what will be) $10M+ extensions. According to OTC we have a little more than $14M in cap space for this season and just a smidge more over $14M in cap space next season.

How do we do it? What do you think? Do we let someone walk? Do we make some key cuts/trades? How would YOU do it?

Gholston cut saves 6M

Grimes retires saves $8M

Fitzpatrick retires saves $3.3

Marpet gets around 11-12 per season

Offer Kwon a 9.5 per season

Use whatever cap space to get Don Smith locked up. He won’t break the bank as he doesn’t have any accolades thus far.

19 minutes ago, indifference said:

Use whatever cap space to get Don Smith locked up. He won’t break the bank as he doesn’t have any accolades thus far.

He doesn't, I agree. But he's gonna look for $10M+. And if we don't offer that, someone else will.

Matt Kalil has been a swing door since his rookie year and Carolina just gave him $11M.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Isn't JW due for a big payday after this season as well. If so, that is gonna hurt as well. 

39 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Isn't JW due for a big payday after this season as well. If so, that is gonna hurt as well. 

He's got the franchise tag to hold him over. But, yeah. He's looking at a (potential) extension too. But I'm assuming he's taken care of for the time being. 

For some reason I think they let kwon go pay everyone else.  I think d Smith gets a contract similar to Jake matthews prolly a little less.  Mapet I would assume gets something like Jensen just got depending on this new switch.  No idea what happens with jameis

On 8/5/2018 at 4:26 AM, sryan66611 said:

For some reason I think they let kwon go pay everyone else.  I think d Smith gets a contract similar to Jake matthews prolly a little less.  Mapet I would assume gets something like Jensen just got depending on this new switch.  No idea what happens with jameis

Unless we’re going to clearly upgrade from Donovan smith, I’d hold on to him. Smith has been solid and plays his best against better pass rushers. The pressures and sacks he gives up, most are on the ball being held on too long. 

26 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Call me crazy but I’d lock up marpet and smith before Kwon. He still misses tackles and he’s not an elite MLB. His position is replaceable and easier to fill than say a very good LT and LG. 

I’d rather risk losing Kwon than the other two guys. 

If Beckwith continues to improve, that's definitely an option.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived