Camp Cuts (53 Announced)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Wouldn’t you have wanted to see this roster with upgraded coaching first and see if Carr plays like 2016 before just saying let’s torpedo it ?. 

This is what kills me. We added a bunch of vets, went hard in trenches in the draft, and then we lost our most explosive players on offense and defense on the same day a week before the season starts.

I wanted to see Mack, Irvin, Key, Hurst, and Hall on the field together on 3rd downs. I cant imagine how fantastic that group of passrushers wouldve looked.

3 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

He felt generous and decided to give a charity pick and switzer to them

Seriously. We're going into a rebuild but we have pieces in place all over, we used assets to acquire high risk players, signed a boatload of veterans. I dont see the direction really. Its like the goal was to not be terrible but not to be a playoff contender either.

10 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Seriously. We're going into a rebuild but we have pieces in place all over, we used assets to acquire high risk players, signed a boatload of veterans. I dont see the direction really. Its like the goal was to not be terrible but not to be a playoff contender either.

Yep, and before the wacky trades though it went from promising to Cleveland in a hot second by the look of everything. I like joking about it because it eases the pain but in all seriousness we need to see this team in action to judge it. All I’m rooting for besides us is everyone playing the Bears this season.

2 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Based on what? His wealth of experience against D3 guys? Not hating on you, just slightly upset about the situation

Vic Tafur said the plan was to have Miller back up Penn at LT and have Parker battle with Giacomini for the RT spot. 

3 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Oh I figured that out, I was merely questioning their plan.

Yeah, we're in a tough spot at a lot of spots because we lack depth. The two additional first round picks should be huge in accelerating the rebuild though. 

It is kinda funny how much we overreact. Sad, but still kinda funny.

When Gruden took over it was mostly sunshine and happiness. 

Now after a rocky offseason, but before a few actual regular season games everything is horrible and terrible.

Mark Davis brought here Jon Gruden for long term, his and Derek Carr's spots are the 2 safe spots and everyone has to fight for his next paycheck. Theoretically I'm fine with that. You need a good HC and a good QB to have a shot.

The roster will be completely new by this time next year. Reggie might be gone too.

As bigP said the most important question for this year is how good Carr can be in this scheme. If Carr get's back to MVP or elit QB discussion we should have a good chance to build something for the long run.

Let us see how good the gameplans are, how good the rookies and the important guys look in their places and build on that.

Check our past 15 seasons...the 2017 season wasn't the anomaly...the 2016 season was that. 

We need a winning culture and that has to come from the HC and the QB IMO. Let Jon and Carr figure it out, we can't go in and replace him anyway right :)

Relax, enjoy life and find the good stories, nice plays, emerging players during this season.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we're looking to rebuild why build the oldest roster in the NFL?

Normally... I would be with you on this, but the media is sensationalizing this because "OMG... Gruden likes veterans" 

Which he does and it's clear he wants to build this roster in his image, buuuuut........

Jordy (33), Reggie(34), Hall (33), DJ, Lynch (32), Nugent (36), Penn (35), Frostee (34), 

Of those, Jordy, Penn and Lynch are the only ones who will play significant roles. The rest are reserves. 

The core of this team is young. Young where it matters as well. 

Archived