Camp Cuts (53 Announced)

RaidersAreOne

At the time, I liked the Obi pick. Sure, he was more HWS than skill, but you could tell that the skill was actually there hidden somewhere. I figured he'd be one of those projects that would take a season or two to really come full circle, but figured he'd be able to learn and grow much like people are hoping with Miller. When he was there in the 2nd, I was all kinds of hyped for him to be the pick. While he certainly was not my favorite safety in the draft, he was definitely a fine alternative in my eyes. I can't fault Reggie too much since you can't predict recurring injuries and his motivation at the time wasn't something that popped up as a concern. I try to not play the hindsight game with the draft, but it's still disappointing. 

With Switzer gone and Whalen on IR, what do you guys see our WR corps shaping out like?

Our WR corps was going to get thinned out, better that it happen now and everyone knows who's on the team. Harris was having a good camp, same with Ateman. Then there's Seth Roberts, and of course Cooper Nelson and Bryant. Even with Whalen to IR and Switzer traded, it's still slightly crowded.

16 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Our WR corps was going to get thinned out, better that it happen now and everyone knows who's on the team. Harris was having a good camp, same with Ateman. Then there's Seth Roberts, and of course Cooper Nelson and Bryant. Even with Whalen to IR and Switzer traded, it's still slightly crowded.

Hmm looking more likely we keep Roberts? 

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

Hmm looking more likely we keep Roberts? 

No idea, but I think so.

Probably going to be lots of surprises. I think fadol brown makes it, frostee is cut. I'm actually curious about Mario Edwards status, haven't heard a peep about him all camp really.  Erik Harris may push a previous assumed safe player out the door too. I think EJ Manuel and Washington get shown the door. Wouldn't surprise me if Reggie Nelson is let go and DRC plays more safety this year.

I was hoping Switzer was going be a steal and a Cole Beasley/Edelman clone but it wasn't meant to be... have to trust Gruden judgement, but I thought he had potential. Breno Giacomini was a waste of space....Whalen is a journeyman, guess he is a vet to keep around on IR for his experience....

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

I thought Whalen looked pretty decent the first couple games. Switzer is another slot journeyman WR. Giacomini was a bad signing and I think Feliciano will be booted soon as well. This offseason has been strange.

how do you see the back up oline looking like? everyone keeps talking about the big holes for Warren

Team just continues to feel .500 at best for me. Tackles scare me. Forcing Penn at RT and Miller at LT has disaster written all over it. Defense has yet to face a starting QB and there are some real holes, though it's improved by a mile from last season.

Just wonder if Gruden has really held back on the offense for preseason and we're going to see something come week 1.

On Obi since I was a big fan of his: Its disappointing.  He did seem a little disinterested compared to other players I've seen on social media so I wondered about his values a bit. Didn't say anything because how we could we as fans know? But if the locker room and 2 sets of coaches say he doesn't want it, that's good enough for me. Seriously how are you gonna be in peak physical condition and constantly rehabbing and then STILL not even practice? I'm not saying don't be safe, but other players play nicked up all the time. Especially when we're as deep as we are at his position and he's on the bubble without a serious injury. Its really telling that a second round pick from a year ago couldn't even get a waiver claim. Either he's injured badly (which we would probably have heard about or he would have gotten IR'd) or no one wants him. And he wasn't "just a guy" in college like people want to say. He wasn't going to be Kam Chancellor but he could have been a tight end eraser, which we sorely need.

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Team just continues to feel .500 at best for me. Tackles scare me. Forcing Penn at RT and Miller at LT has disaster written all over it. Defense has yet to face a starting QB and there are some real holes, though it's improved by a mile from last season.

Just wonder if Gruden has really held back on the offense for preseason and we're going to see something come week 1.

Couldn't agree more. We have seen almost none of our first team offense and the tackles are EXTREMELY worrisome. I think they expected more from the guys at RT.

Archived