Camp Cuts (53 Announced)

RaidersAreOne

Let's keep all cuts prior to the regular season here. I'll update the OP as often as I can.

Roster cuts thus far:

• Vadal Alexander
  • Giorgio Tavecchio
  • Shaquille Richardson
  • Drew Scott
  • Gabe Wright
  • Ahtyba Rubin
  • Antwuan Davis
  • Tevin Mitchel 
  • Tevin Mitchel
  • Obi Melifonwu
  • Breno Giacomini
  • Jarrell Carter
  • Quincy Mauger
  • Isaac Whitney
  • Raysean Pringle
  • Pharoah Brown
  • James Stone
  • David Sharpe
  • Ian Silberman
  • Antonio Hamilton
  • Antwuan Davis
  • Azeem Victor
  • Cameron Hunt
  • Connor Cook
  • Connor Flagel
  • Dallin Leavitt
  • EJ Manuel
  • Denver Kirkland
  • Isaac Whitney
  • James Butler
  • James Cowser
  • Jason CabindaLBcut
  • Jordan Simmons
  • Jylan Ware
  • Marcell Ateman
  • Marcus Baugh
  • Martavis Bryant
  • Oday Aboushi
  • Paul Butler
  • Ryan Yurachek
  • Saeed Blacknall
  • Shakir Soto
  • Shareece WrightDB
  • Griff Whalen

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Let's keep all cuts prior to the regular season here. I'll update the OP as often as I can.

Roster cuts thus far:

• Giorgio Tavecchio, K

Should we add Alexander to the list?

10 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

Also it may have something to do with the holder not having to hold for a lefty and a righty.

This was my instant realization, but I'm thinking that contractually, the Raiders probably saved some cash by cutting him this early.

I'm not going to lie.. it's gonna be weird to see a right footed kicker after all of this time.

• 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Very telling that he was waived/injured vs. just putting him on IR for the year. 

Huge missed opportunity in the draft. Kamara, Cupp, JuJu, Cunningham

Deion Jones the year before for Jihad Ward. And musgrave was pounding the table for Derrick Henry...

Obi was an EASY one to predict. Dude was soft at UCONN disappeared in games for long stretches of time. He was a mid to late round pick, who blew up at the combine because of his size and athletic testing.

I saw bust written all over this dude from day 1. Didn't think it would happen this early, but had no doubt. I could tell early on he had no presence or it factor to him. Just another H/W/S guy who can't play.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Obi was an EASY one to predict. Dude was soft at UCONN disappeared in games for long stretches of time. He was a mid to late round pick, who blew up at the combine because of his size and athletic testing.

I saw bust written all over this dude from day 1. Didn't think it would happen this early, but had no doubt. I could tell early on he had no presence or it factor to him. Just another H/W/S guy who can't play.

RM has definitely passed on players for HWS in the past. This is really starting to irk me. Honestly, I prefer most of my mock drafts and how the guys panned out compared to how RM has drafted the past few years. This year looks good on paper to me, but even a few years back I'm a bit disgruntled with how it turned out. Jihad Ward may have been almost/just as bad as Obi. At least we got Switzer from him. Ugh. RM kills it with late round picks, but I think he gets too cute sometimes. Brandon Parker was another questionable pick for me IMO. We seriously traded to the top of the 3rd to take him. I think he'll bust if we're being honest.

Archived