Englishing wrong.

Kiwibrown

On 05/08/2018 at 2:38 AM, showtime said:

ClG6HocWQAAQVoW.jpg

ay wtf am i the only one who found wally

what annoys me is “didn’t used to”, which i am guilty of too but i’ve tried to cut out... like “we were all shocked when alex smith utilised the deep ball in 2017, because he didn’t used to do that” 

Honestly, I'm not sure which is worse.  Bad grammar and spelling or a lot of memes out there on social media.  

Maybe it's just my age showing.  I'm 40.  So, not quite in the grave yet, but still twice the age of the current new adults.  I can't keep up with all the new initialisms(with an occasional new acronym as well) they seem to make up on the spot. I use the Urban Dictionary almost daily to figure out what some words mean.  And, even then, I'm often more confused by the definitions.  

I mean, I get it.  My parents must have felt the same way when I started saying "rad" all the time.  They must have thought, "Isn't that short for radical?  You're not even using it correctly."  It just seems like there are new words coming out every day instead of the ones we used for years.  I can't keep up!

P.S.  Get off my lawn!

20 or so years ago my cousin made a colossal mistake and impregnated this nasty white trash chick and had possibly the dumbest child of all time. She’s the biggest embarrassment in my family tree, outside of me. 

She posted this yesterday and she’s just so gosh darn stupid my eye started twitching xPOKVNb.jpgVFY0Y4G.jpg

thiiiis freaking tard posts something about people not understanding there/they’re/their despite the fact that she never gets it right herself. Even slipped on it later that same day.  Theiyres a special place in hell for morons 

I work in the U.K. 6 months of the year and I always get told by the British I'm spelling tire wrong and ought to be 'tyre'. I am a RV technician and work alongside British technicians and they always pull me up. The Brits have the oldest English but boy is it complicated and pointless. 

I have to say to people who don't know me but have seen my writing, dude I'm American and our writing makes darn more sense than yours. At least me have the sense to spell things as they sound, but I have been told that this was due to our independence from the U.K. that we created our own words to show our independence. 

Slang...don't get me started on that mind altering bullcrap! xD

Archived