Titans sign Kenny Vaccaro

Justin615$

59 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I think him still being unsigned in August tells us more than anything... it's not just a 2 day thing. 

Reid remaining unsigned makes some sense because of the protests and the collusion lawsuit. But if Vaccaro really was ne of the top safeties in team's eyes, you think he'd still be unsigned up until this morning? 

I have very limited knowledge of the guy as a player, but from what I’ve read his issue seems to be consistency more than actual skill. Similar to Cyp, if we can just put him in the right place this might turn out for the best. 

Are we still looking at any of the others or is this it? 

2 hours ago, ShupacTakur said:

Did not expect opinions on this guy to be so polarized. 

Thought he was one of the best safeties available. Did something happen in the last two days? Lol 

The media have overhyped him.

1 hour ago, ShupacTakur said:

Are we still looking at any of the others or is this it? 

I think Vrabel had said they could still look at him later... but they signed another safety alongside KV... and I haven't seen updated plans to still meet with Reid... so it coulda just been lip service. 

If Boston signed for 1.5M in AZ last week, I expect this to also be a "minimal" commitment... same with Reid... so I can't see why we couldn't sign both.  Might be overkill, but good insurance. 

But i'm also intrigued by Cruikshank, and I don't want him buried too deep behind the starters

7 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I think Vrabel had said they could still look at him later... but they signed another safety alongside KV... and I haven't seen updated plans to still meet with Reid... so it coulda just been lip service. 

If Boston signed for 1.5M in AZ last week, I expect this to also be a "minimal" commitment... same with Reid... so I can't see why we couldn't sign both.  Might be overkill, but good insurance. 

But i'm also intrigued by Cruikshank, and I don't want him buried too deep behind the starters

Agreed on Cruikshank. 

On 8/4/2018 at 4:45 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

I might be confusing myself, but are you saying we signed another safety other than Vaccaro? Did I miss it?

Vacarro reminds me of another Titan/Longhorn safety. Michael Griffin.

All the athleticism in the world. Zero instincts.

What irony that Vacarro is being coached by Griff.

And top safety is nonsense. The fact that NOBODY signed him till after training camp was very telling. Vaccaro said on the radio that he didn't expect to have to workout for a team because he has 5 years of tape. in my opinion, those 5 years of tape are the reason it took a training camp injury for him to get a serious offer. This is why I scoffed at people saying instant upgrade. People remember he was a high draft pick and then check his stat line on ESPN.com, see a couple picks and think that he was playing at a high level last season. He wasn't. There's a reason New Orleans spent back to back high round picks on safeties the past 2 seasons. The Vacarro experiment failed in NOLA.

But off the negative... the positive is that he seems to be healthy and still possess the same freakish ability that got him drafted high. Fortunately for us, we have a DC who has experience working with talented safeties and a DB coach who has a track record of developing DBs. Also, save last season, this is probably the best supporting cast he's ever had. And maybe its a tad bit of homerism to say it but Pees is a different tier of DC than the likes of Rob Ryan or Dennis Allen. So perhaps the grass will be greener in Nashville.

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Would it surprise anyone if Cruikshank ended up beating out Vacarro and then us releasing Kenny?

I'd personally expect us to keep Vacarro on the roster regardless for the depth, but I wouldn't be surprised if Cruikshank ends up beating him out. 

Archived