Titans sign Kenny Vaccaro

Justin615$

31 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

then why did it take till aug 3rd for him to sign with a team?  nfl teams think the same as me.  

In fairness, the safety market was weird this year. Boston also didn't sign until late, Reid is still out there. Not sure what really is going on with the safety market

23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Reid is getting shafted. He's a much better player than Vaccaro.

They should have just waited a day for Reid to come into town.  No way was Vacarro that sought after that they couldn't put off an offer for 24 hours.

42 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They should have just waited a day for Reid to come into town.  No way was Vacarro that sought after that they couldn't put off an offer for 24 hours.

That is what I was thinking. Even if Kenny was signed you still have Reid and Branch out there.

8 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Reid would’ve been better, but at least it wasn’t Mitchell.

I'll be surprised if anyone signs Reid with the kneeling controversy TBH.

But yeah, solid signing, I'm surprised it took him this long to find a new team. 

Honestly, Reid should've done whatever it took to get to Nashville in that two-day window. Rent a car and drive a few hours to an airport with operating flights if need be. If the Titans identified a top two and Vaccaro was gathering interest elsewhere, they can't just sit back and wait for him to make it to town. For a guy that has generated little interest (which yeah, certainly unfairly), you need to be as proactive as possible when a team shows real interest, the Titans can't assume he's near playing shape, and they can't let their other top option walk because they're waiting to find out.

And this is coming from someone that really, really wanted the Titans to sign Reid and had him as the clear top SS available.

54 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Honestly, Reid should've done whatever it took to get to Nashville in that two-day window. Rent a car and drive a few hours to an airport with operating flights if need be. If the Titans identified a top two and Vaccaro was gathering interest elsewhere, they can't just sit back and wait for him to make it to town. For a guy that has generated little interest (which yeah, certainly unfairly), you need to be as proactive as possible when a team shows real interest, the Titans can't assume he's near playing shape, and they can't let their other top option walk because they're waiting to find out.

And this is coming from someone that really, really wanted the Titans to sign Reid and had him as the clear top SS available.

If Tennessee really wanted Reid, they would have waited a day. Kenny wasn't going anywhere. The safety market has been quiet all offseason. 

Archived