Justin615$

Titans sign Kenny Vaccaro

34 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

If Tennessee really wanted Reid, they would have waited a day. Kenny wasn't going anywhere. The safety market has been quiet all offseason. 

We literally have no way of knowing that. It's fully possible that a team, realizing we were now in a desperate position, would've prioritized him with the knowledge that there's now a real, potential clock on how long he'll be available.

It's possible it was a coin flip, and they signed the player that was in town and in shape because every rep that they can get the guy in the system is pretty important when we're five weeks away from the regular season and he's going to be a lock to be starting in Week 1.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

We literally have no way of knowing that. It's fully possible that a team, realizing we were now in a desperate position, would've prioritized him with the knowledge that there's now a real, potential clock on how long he'll be available.

It's possible it was a coin flip, and they signed the player that was in town and in shape because every rep that they can get the guy in the system is pretty important when we're five weeks away from the regular season and he's going to be a lock to be starting in Week 1.

There’s really nothing to indicate Vacarro’s market was any higher than it’s been all offseason. Assuming so, or even calling it a “coin flip”, is generous conjecture. You can’t make a claim that differs from the status quo (Vacarro’s market being hotter) with no proof or strong reason and then say “well we have know way of knowing”. 

Reid’s the better player and is getting ignored for obvious reasons. Nobody’s singling out Tennessee - a majority of NFL teams could use Reid on their team for cheap (which, given how bad his market has been, I have to think he’d be game for).

Edited by Yin-Yang

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

There’s really nothing to indicate Vacarro’s market was any higher than it’s been all offseason. Assuming so, or even calling it a “coin flip”, is generous conjecture.

Reid’s the better player and is getting ignored for obvious reasons. Nobody’s singling out Tennessee - a majority of NFL teams could use Reid on their team for cheap (which, given how bad his market has been, I have to think he’d be game for).

Really wish that he would have just taken the one year deal offered by the niners

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really wish that he would have just taken the one year deal offered by the niners

I'm surprised the Seahawks haven't considered him with Kam retiring.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I'm surprised the Seahawks haven't considered him with Kam retiring.

Another place that makes a ton of sense

14 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Reid would’ve been better, but at least it wasn’t Mitchell.

are you a steelers fan:D We know what you are saying to be true, and hoping our safety play is better this season.

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

are you a steelers fan:D We know what you are saying to be true, and hoping our safety play is better this season.

No, just a not-Mike Mitchell fan...

Your safety play got better as soon as he was officially off the roster.

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

There’s really nothing to indicate Vacarro’s market was any higher than it’s been all offseason. Assuming so, or even calling it a “coin flip”, is generous conjecture. You can’t make a claim that differs from the status quo (Vacarro’s market being hotter) with no proof or strong reason and then say “well we have know way of knowing”. 

i am basing it on this.

A guy that has only received interest from one other team had 48 hours to get to Nashville with the potential of a contract worth a couple million. After getting his flight canceled on Friday, he needed to do whatever it took to make it today. If it involves renting a car and driving 10 hours, do it.

A desperate team isn’t going to wait in August. And if you want to prove your dedication to the game for your collusion suit, driving 700 miles for a workout is only going to help the PR battle.

It sucks. It’s garbage that he hasn’t signed somewhere long before this. But I’m giving Reid a portion of the blame here.

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

i am basing it on this.

A guy that has only received interest from one other team had 48 hours to get to Nashville with the potential of a contract worth a couple million. After getting his flight canceled on Friday, he needed to do whatever it took to make it today. If it involves renting a car and driving 10 hours, do it.

A desperate team isn’t going to wait in August. And if you want to prove your dedication to the game for your collusion suit, driving 700 miles for a workout is only going to help the PR battle.

It sucks. It’s garbage that he hasn’t signed somewhere long before this. But I’m giving Reid a portion of the blame here.

Reid doesn't get a portion of the blame. The Titans signed somebody else. That was their choice. Blaming Reid for not jumping through unreasonable hoops after inclement weather caused his flights to be cancelled isn't rational. And that's not even getting into the more prickly issue of why Reid is currently unemployed.

6 hours ago, titans0021 said:

i am basing it on this.

I agree and with a Titans fan no less. Its August, preseason is starting and if you want to make it as a FA that has been sitting for a long time, you gotta do whatever you can to prove you can learn the defense and be a difference maker for a playoff team. The Titans have an already good defense, they aren't going to just twiddle their thumbs when other good safeties are out there too. 

12 hours ago, titans0021 said:

i am basing it on this.

Well, I guess we’ll wait to see the contract then. Ridiculous to think Eric Reid needs to drive 700 miles for a workout to prove his worth, though. Even if Vacarro’s market was hot (not buying it), Reid’s isn’t - and the latter is the much better player. 

8 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

We upgraded the safety position, that's all I care about.

You did. And I'm glad it didn't get as upgraded as it could have been upgraded.

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Well, I guess we’ll wait to see the contract then. Ridiculous to think Eric Reid needs to drive 700 miles for a workout to prove his worth, though. Even if Vacarro’s market was hot (not buying it), Reid’s isn’t - and the latter is the much better player. 

If I was staring down unemployment, knew there was a job available where I was the best available candidate, and there was a significant time crunch to fill the position, I would do everything I could to make it to the interview.