Good, Bad, Ugly Preseason Week 1 vs Cardinals

Silver&Black88

2 hours ago, RaiderX said:

As much talk as Smith is getting, I'm surprised Amerson isn't getting anything. Guy was horrible last season and didn't inspire much hope last week either.

Amerson wasn't horrible last season or in the last preseason game. He wasn't great either. Hhe does get beat on occasion like an average starting DB, which is what he is, average.

Sean was suppose to be top tier and has look like dog crap on a few occasions so his failures get more attention. Not to mention Sean has shown a weakness vs speed and agility that can be easily exploited and it looks like other teams have taken notice.

Amerson has been pretty average since 15' but hes younger and has more time. I think he has the physical skills to rebound. Sean Smith, i believe, simply lacks the foot speed to be an effective outside corner for a full 60 minute period. Taller, rangy corners tend to fall off a cliff at a faster rate of speed when they reach 30, like Smith is now. (Nnamdi, Brandon Browner etc)

18 hours ago, RaiderX said:

As much talk as Smith is getting, I'm surprised Amerson isn't getting anything. Guy was horrible last season and didn't inspire much hope last week either.

Horrible is a bit of a stretch. He did't reprise his 2015 surprise season, but he was still a solid starting CB. He's a good 2. The Raiders lack a 1 but are hoping Conley is that guy. 

Archived