Preseason Week 1 Bears @ Bengals

MrCincinnati

1 hour ago, MrCincinnati said:

Honestly I didn't even know that was legal. When a coach gets fired, I didn't think they could keep using someone else's playbook that's no longer with the team. Or does the head coach own the playbooks for both offense and defense, and the coordinators just go from there? Now I'm confused.

Lazor just tweaked the existing playbook.  He wrote his own over the offseason

Playbook was developed by a coach while employed by the team.  Therefore it is team property

3 hours ago, MrCincinnati said:

First Bengals depth chart is out btw

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/6/17657372/bengals-depth-chart-bobby-hart-trey-hopkins-nfl-preseason

Things that caught my eye

Tra Carson listed as the #4 RB at the moment above guys like Hill and Flowers for now
Boyd starting over Ross as the #2 WR
Hopkins was not a shock to me, but Bobby Hart at RT was. @INbengalfan was right
Biggest surprise right now is Billings over Baker
Also curious that Jordan Evans is backing up Burfict, so does that mean he would start in his place?
Darius Phillips at the bottom of the CB depth chart, and Josh Shaw moved to S.
Lastly is Erickson listed as the KR and PR starter, lists Phillips as the 2nd KR, but Boyd as the 2nd PR

Westerman being out sick (and losing weight I heard due to it) is probably why Hopkins is the starting RG.  From what I've seen thus far, I'm not thrilled with the Hopkins-Hart combo.  I'm hoping Westerman can take over the starting RG position before Week 1.  I'm actually Ok with Hart at RT tho...

8 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Westerman being out sick (and losing weight I heard due to it) is probably why Hopkins is the starting RG.  From what I've seen thus far, I'm not thrilled with the Hopkins-Hart combo.  I'm hoping Westerman can take over the starting RG position before Week 1.  I'm actually Ok with Hart at RT tho...

If you listened to yesterday's BBP, sounds like the line is going to continue to be a problem this year.  In time maybe some of the pieces are there for a solid line, but right now it sounds like a hot mess.

38 minutes ago, theJ said:

If you listened to yesterday's BBP, sounds like the line is going to continue to be a problem this year.  In time maybe some of the pieces are there for a solid line, but right now it sounds like a hot mess.

They bashed the O Line that is for sure. 

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I think the run blocking will be vastly improved but the pass blocking is going to look largely the same as last season.  My expectations for this season are going down.

Cordy Glenn is a prime example of that.  Beast in run blocking but struggling in pass protection.  Let's hope it looks a little better when then regular season starts...

2 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I think the run blocking will be vastly improved but the pass blocking is going to look largely the same as last season.  My expectations for this season are going down.

Cordy Glenn is a prime example of that.  Beast in run blocking but struggling in pass protection.  Let's hope it looks a little better when then regular season starts...

They said Fisher looks awful. No one is stepping up and taking the job outside of Glenn, but I saw plenty of videos of him being beat this camp.

Also Price has been bad. Beyond just the snaps, getting beaten. They have 4 weeks to figure this out. 

6 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

They said Fisher looks awful. No one is stepping up and taking the job outside of Glenn, but I saw plenty of videos of him being beat this camp.

Also Price has been bad. Beyond just the snaps, getting beaten. They have 4 weeks to figure this out. 

Price is gonna have struggles this year, but he seems like once he figures it all out he’s gonna be good. 

1 minute ago, SmittyBacall said:

He was very clearly our #1 target, how is it not relevant?

You can't bemoan the picks you never had a chance to make.  I'm sure they would have liked to have taken Chubb too, but he wasn't an option...

Archived