College Football 2018

plan9misfit

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I remember when Matt Barkley and Christian Hackenberg were no-brainer future franchise quarterbacks too. 

The kid isn’t eligible until 2021. IMO, the talk of trying to position yourself to draft him is way too early. 

It is. But on the flip side, I don't recall Barkley/Hackenberg shredding a team the likes of Alabama either. That makes it's a little easier to get excited about what the future holds for Lawrence. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont know. If I am the Raiders, I start doing what the Pats did for ever.

Trade a current years first for a 2nd + a first the following year. If I cant grab a QB next year, I sell out for 2021. 

Theres no QBs this year and they arent sold on Carr.

Dwayne Haskins looks every bit the part of a legit NFL QB.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

It is. But on the flip side, I don't recall Barkley/Hackenberg shredding a team the likes of Alabama either. That makes it's a little easier to get excited about what the future holds for Lawrence. 

No doubt. I think he's very likely to be a stud QB prospect.

My beef is with the strategy of planning your future around a lone prospect 3 drafts away. You might not have a shot regardless and there is a chance he's not even that great of a prospect by the time 2021 rolls around. And in the meantime, you are letting your roster waste away and he won't have much to work with if/when he does arrive.

13 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

No doubt. I think he's very likely to be a stud QB prospect.

My beef is with the strategy of planning your future around a lone prospect 3 drafts away. You might not have a shot regardless and there is a chance he's not even that great of a prospect by the time 2021 rolls around. And in the meantime, you are letting your roster waste away and he won't have much to work with if/when he does arrive.

I agree wholeheartedly.  That said, Lawrence improves/duplicates the numbers he put up this season, I fully expect "Tanking for Trevor" to have it's own Twitter feed and FB page this time next year....maybe they already exist. lol

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I missed this yesterday .... Ohio St fired DC Greg Schiano and hired Michigan DL Coach Greg Mattison to replace him. 

That is some Benedict Arnold type stuff right there, hey @plan9misfit

Ohio State also stole Michigan’s Linebackers coach, Al Washington. Granted, he’s a Columbus native, so it’s not overly surprising. Mattison leaving was a shocker.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Big get for the Sooners. 

Honestly, he’s not very good. There’s nothing about his game that should scare anyone. He’s a scheme dependent player with very little upside as a QB. Lincoln Riley will find a way to use him, but he’s not going to make Oklahoma substantially better than it already is.

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Honestly, he’s not very good. There’s nothing about his game that should scare anyone. He’s a scheme dependent player with very little upside as a QB. Lincoln Riley will find a way to use him, but he’s not going to make Oklahoma substantially better than it already is.

Good athlete but not the passer that Murray or Baker was.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived