Your HC or your starting QB. Which do you keep?

PFM18

This may be a very simple or very difficult question to answer depending on who you follow.

Basically if you were only allowed to keep either your Head Coach or your starting Quarterback at your team, which one would it be and why?

Indy

So here we have a rookie head coach in Frank Reich and a QB in Andrew Luck who's been injured long term and nobody knows if he'll ever be back to his best.

Despite that I'd go with Luck. We know what he can do in the NFL and there is the chance he will return to form. We've seen what Indy is like without him under centre and whilst Brissett showed flashes of potential last season we need Andrew back to be competitive again.

Frank Reich may turn out to be an awesome HC but at this point we just don't know so going with the QB.

Denver

Here the choice is between Vance Joseph who did such a good job Elway almost decided to get rid of him before changing his mind or Case Keenum who had his best season ever with Minnesota last year but overall is considered an average QB who can't hold a starting job in the league.

I'm not convinced that Keenum will be a success with the Broncos but take him away and you're left with a choice between Paxton Lynch who really hasn't shown anything at all so far in the league and Chad Kelly, who Broncos fans do have a lot of high hopes for but you don't know what you're getting with him.

Keenum is our best option at the moment so again going with the QB.

Chiefs

Andy Reid vs Patrick Mahomes II. 

This is a hard choice for me. Reid is a likely HoF coach but he's also probably on his last contract. Reid is also a huge reason I have nothing but confidence that Mahomes is going to be a stud at QB. He took a basement team 2-14 team, the year prior to his arrival, to the playoffs and a 9-0 start in his first year at KC. His team has been to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years in KC. Players, fans, media and the rest of the rest of the NFL love him. 

Mahomes on the other hand is the first QB taken by the team in the 1st round in 30 years. I don't think they've even tried in the 2nd round. He was my favorite QB prospect since Luck coming into the draft. He appears to be the real deal and a near future top 5 QB in the NFL type of QB. Rocket arm, very good accuracy, confidence, field vision, pocket awareness and lightning quick release. He has it all. However, without Reid would he become what he's capable? 

I am a firm believer that the number one reason why new QB's either fail or succeed is due to the situation they are drafted in: Coaching and the talent around him. Mahomes has the best situation to go to that I can remember and Reid is a big part of that. However, due to Andy Reid's age and dwindling coaching years left and my infatuation with PM2, I'm going to keep Mahomes. QB is the most important position on the team including the HC. If Mahomes was established, I wouldn't hesitate no matter who the HC is. 

Well we just won a SB with Nick Foles, so gimme the coach, which is not easy to say because I love Wentz.

Chiefs fans, trust me, you want the QB. Andy Reid will never win a SB as a HC. He turns into Jason Garrett once the playoffs start.

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Well we just won a SB with Nick Foles, so gimme the coach, which is not easy to say because I love Wentz.

Chiefs fans, trust me, you want the QB. Andy Reid will never win a SB as a HC. He turns into Jason Garrett once the playoffs start.

wentz is a special talent I'd take him. I'm not sure the eagles make the playoffs last year if nick was the starter from day 1.

Archived