Sign in to follow this  
ninjapirate

Howie and Doug extended through 2022

probably deserves its own thread but howie and doug get that money for winning the superbowl.

Once you find a level of consistency and success, you have to lock it up. McNabb, Andy and Banner weren't the perfect fit but if it works, it works. If they all get along and we're winning, sign me up for 20 more years. 

57 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Once you find a level of consistency and success, you have to lock it up. McNabb, Andy and Banner weren't the perfect fit but if it works, it works. If they all get along and we're winning, sign me up for 20 more years. 

consistency? this group doesnt have anything close to that 

41 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

consistency? this group doesnt have anything close to that 

They are the model of consistency. How many players went down and they didn't blink an eye? To lose your QB, LT, MLB, and others and still compete and win a SB, that's the definition of having a great model of running a team. For now, they've found a perfect concoction for running a team. Ride it as long as possible.  

Just now, Jroc04 said:

They are the model of consistency. How many players went down and they didn't blink an eye? To lose your QB, LT, MLB, and others and still compete and win a SB, that's the definition of having a great model of running a team. For now, they've found a perfect concoction for running a team. Ride it as long as possible.  

well i consider consistency year in and year out success. Which the eagles dont have yet. But i mean they should cause doug, wentz and howie might be the best trio in the league to make that happen.

Agreed. But having a good relationship within your GM, HC and QB is groundwork for great success. Doug, who I was dead wrong on, has proven he has a good eye and ear for the players and implements a great strategy to execute. And well, Howie gonna Howie. Maybe consistency is the wrong word and I meant more proven stability. 

Obvious no-brainer.  Great GM and head coach.  The Superbowl victory was the greatest head coaching game I've ever seen in my life.