Family night recording?

superedge88

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

about family night or about game pass?

No - sorry - didnt mean to imply you could get the game via NFL Gamepass.
Perhaps you can - dont know cause I dont have it. Was wondering if any of you did have it and had an opinion on it.

I have had game pass for about 5 years.

I like a few things about it-  In the regular season I can watch any game, on a delayed basis, any time I want.  I can go back and see plays or games from many years if I want.  I can play it on my tablet, computer, and I have an apple tv so I can put it on the TV when I am working out.

I use the "coaches film" a lot- it allows you to see what the receivers and defensive backs were doing on a given play, and gives you a better idea of what was going on- the tv feed can be very deceptive.  You also get a focused view on the line play form behind the line for each play.  The coaches film varies in quality depending on which stadium it is shot in.  The Lambeau field recording is good, Seattle's is not as good- hard to see numbers on players.

The condensed game is nice, you can watch a full game relatively quickly, just like on NFL network when they show a game in one hour.

Historically the platform could be a bit twitchy, and responds differently whether on tablet, computer or TV.  Overall it has been more stable over the years, and the 2018 version seems to run pretty well from what I have seen this week.  They just added some extra features with shows from nfl network where they breakdown plays, but I haven't spent much time with those yet.

I like it, but it is a double edge sword- fans will have definitive opinions about players, but the all 22 doesn't always support them, so you end up in some frustrating conversations because you often get a totally different picture when you see the downfield players as well.  Since they don't have it, they look at you like you are hallucinating.

If you like going over games after they are done to break them down and see what you can learn over and above the tv broadcast, I highly recommend it.  

19 hours ago, Leader said:

No - sorry - didnt mean to imply you could get the game via NFL Gamepass.
Perhaps you can - dont know cause I dont have it. Was wondering if any of you did have it and had an opinion on it.

Has the good and bad.  Last year was super glitchy, and it seemed like it didn't work reliably.  The year before, ran like a charm.  Gives you vantage point you wouldn't otherwise see.

Along the lines of the game pass question, they have added a feature called "film sessions" this year.  I don't now how often they will post new content, but some are quite informative.

They have one with Steve Spagnuolo breaking down zone defenses in the passing game, which was interesting to hear from the perspective of an NFL DC and had a part that seemed relevant to the way the Packers maybe should ahve played the first Titan TD pass in the game Thursday.

There is another where Joe Thomas breaks down technique for the left tackle position, and his discussion of hand placement is again very informative coming from a guy with his credentials.

It could be a real nice aspect of the game pass product, but it will depend on how often new content shows up.  There is an enormous amount of material they could present just on schemes alone, let alone technique of play.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, CWood21 said:

Has the good and bad.  Last year was super glitchy, and it seemed like it didn't work reliably.  The year before, ran like a charm.  Gives you vantage point you wouldn't otherwise see.

Anybody know whether they release all-22 for Preseason? Doesn't seem like it so far

Archived