Jump to content
Texansfan713

Browns trade WR Corey Coleman to the Bills

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

You would have never got Edmuds without trading Glenn. Or trading two 2nd round picks. Otherwise it would have taken both 1st round picks to move up for a QB. So if you say Taylor is the only reason you got Edmunds I will says Taylor, Glenn, two seconds round picks and #22 overall are the reason you got Edmunds.

You just assume that, how would you know it wouldnt have taken 2019 1st round and pick 21 to get the qb and had pick 22 and 65 to get edmunds? Your going down a "what if rabbit hole" but the fact is the bills got Edmunds with pick 22 and 65, 65 was from tyrod trade. Would it have happened a different way absolutely but this is what happened and I am grateful as a fan to have that 3rd rd pick instead of tyrod taylor on the bills team because there is a future QB and MLB the 2 most important positions on each side of the ball to have and to add to the foundation they already have from last years offseason. Next season they will have the 2nd most cap space and all of their picks in the draft which is the best thing a GM can do. Adding Coleman was a nice touch even if he doesnt pan out atleast they brought a speedster to the roster they needed. When there are limitations to the cap space you can only build up so much at a time and coleman being cheap was able to get that with out it costing much to get him. This offseason wr werent coming cheap unless they are past their prime and only offer a 1 year help which isnt going to help the bills as they are a young squad building for the future. Ill take a 1.5 mil cap hit on coleman this year and a 2 mil cap hit next year if he stays rather then a 5+ mil cap hit on one year for dez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

You just assume that, how would you know it wouldnt have taken 2019 1st round and pick 21 to get the qb and had pick 22 and 65 to get edmunds? Your going down a "what if rabbit hole" but the fact is the bills got Edmunds with pick 22 and 65, 65 was from tyrod trade. Would it have happened a different way absolutely but this is what happened and I am grateful as a fan to have that 3rd rd pick instead of tyrod taylor on the bills team because there is a future QB and MLB the 2 most important positions on each side of the ball to have and to add to the foundation they already have from last years offseason. Next season they will have the 2nd most cap space and all of their picks in the draft which is the best thing a GM can do. Adding Coleman was a nice touch even if he doesnt pan out atleast they brought a speedster to the roster they needed. When there are limitations to the cap space you can only build up so much at a time and coleman being cheap was able to get that with out it costing much to get him. This offseason wr werent coming cheap unless they are past their prime and only offer a 1 year help which isnt going to help the bills as they are a young squad building for the future. Ill take a 1.5 mil cap hit on coleman this year and a 2 mil cap hit next year if he stays rather then a 5+ mil cap hit on one year for dez.

Did you see what I replied to? The "there is no way we get Edmunds without the Taylor trade"? There is always a way. It may take future picks or assets so Taylor=Edmunds just seems silly. to me.

Coleman isn't really a speedster. He doesn't get much separation. He has struggled catching the football. For what he has shown so far he is priced about right. He just left a vertical passing offense and didn't fit in. There may be a spot for him in the NFL I just don't know what it is going to be yet. He isn't a possession guy. He isn't a speed guy. He isn't a big guy. He doesn't have great quickness. He has been injury prone. I guess he will probably settle in as a #4 type guy unless he can either improve his hands or figure out a way to get separation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

How do we know that McCarron isnt going to do that? No one expected tyrod to do that? We actually have no idea what Aj will or wont do with the bills.

You may not have an idea. Others might.  But the “hey man, you never know” shtick never really flew with me.

29 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

The best chance the bills have had in 15 years was pick 3 to get Marcel Darues and even that sucked cause Cam Newton and Von Miller were the two studs to be coming out at the time and still had no chance at them.

Uh...the 2011 draft was full of studs.

29 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im glad the bills moved on and took a risk at qb freeing up cap space to build around him in the future even if it cost the bills the 2018 season it is still the right move because they will have their own "franchise qb" whether it happens is another story and they will have the 2nd most cap space in the offseason to build around Allen and the future along with the foundation they have done in the last 18-24 months.

Wasn’t Tyrod in the final year of his contract? His existence on the roster has no bearing on next year’s cap space or building around Allen. The biggest factor is it probably forces the Bills not to have guys like Jerry Hughes and Star Lotulelei, who aren’t really worth what they’re getting paid anyway.

29 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Tyrod was a simple mediocre stop gap qb and it wasnt worth continuing to restrict the offense and the team financially by keeping him around. If you think Tyrod is worth it at the end of the season let us know but I am just going off of what I have seen the last 3 years and he is nothing special, any other qb in the league could have got the bills to Jacksonville in the wild card with everything else working in their favor.

So we’ve managed to get way off track. I hope you realize you answered my question in your...what, first post? The Bills fans on this board seem outright determined to say whatever they can about Tyrod - even when that wasn’t what I even asked. 

We have a difference of opinion on Tyrod and McCarron, and you think the 2018 cap savings (~$13M) is worth rolling the dice on what the latter can do. That’s fine, that’s all I was asking in the first place. No need to go on another tirade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

You may not have an idea. Others might.  But the “hey man, you never know” shtick never really flew with me.

Uh...the 2011 draft was full of studs.

Wasn’t Tyrod in the final year of his contract? His existence on the roster has no bearing on next year’s cap space or building around Allen. The biggest factor is it probably forces the Bills not to have guys like Jerry Hughes and Star Lotulelei, who aren’t really worth what they’re getting paid anyway.

So we’ve managed to get way off track. I hope you realize you answered my question in your...what, first post? The Bills fans on this board seem outright determined to say whatever they can about Tyrod - even when that wasn’t what I even asked. 

We have a difference of opinion on Tyrod and McCarron, and you think the 2018 cap savings (~$13M) is worth rolling the dice on what the latter can do. That’s fine, that’s all I was asking in the first place. No need to go on another tirade.

It does have an impact on the future because it freed 17 million which bearing any injury 10 mil will be rolled over in cap space from this year. So thats an extra 10 mil to add to the 67 mil in cap space they plan on having. Jerry Hughes contract still has dead cap consequences so letting him go now would only save the bills a million in cap space and an extra hole to fill. There are no tirades tyrod isn't a bill and your argument of saying he was a factor for the bills playoff game is laughable to us. Your on here just like a few other browns fans talking tyrod cause your trying to convince yourself hes worth the money and a starter but if you watched him all 3 years like I have we are trying to tell you dont expect much out of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

There are no tirades tyrod isn't a bill and your argument of saying he was a factor for the bills playoff game is laughable to us.

Quote where I said Tyrod was a factor for the Bills playoff game last season. You’re jumping the gun because the words “Tyrod” and “Taylor” came up, so that triggers some of you guys. 

I asked my question, you answered with a reasonable answer even though we disagree on the foundation of the answer. You’re continuing to go on and on because...well, you’re triggered.

Quote

Your on here just like a few other browns fans talking tyrod cause your trying to convince yourself hes worth the money and a starter but if you watched him all 3 years like I have we are trying to tell you dont expect much out of him.

Wrong assumption #2: Not a Browns fan.

P.S. The cap is the cap. 

Edited by Yin-Yang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

browns fans talking tyrod cause your trying to convince yourself hes worth the money and a starter but if you watched him all 3 years like I have we are trying to tell you dont expect much out of him.

It's what usually happens. You have a lot more hope for Coleman than Browns fans do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

It's what usually happens. You have a lot more hope for Coleman than Browns fans do.

Of course. Im not knocking the browns for taking tyrod at all, they needed a bridge qb for Mayfield and bills were willing to move on which we are happy about. Probably the same for you guys as fans the frustration of coleman not being available because of injury. To me the only difference is that tyrod cost a lot of money and gave up a decent pick for him where coleman is cheap and cost pretty much nothing. If coleman works out great if not the bills lose out on a 7th round pick which usually means they are cut before preseason week 4 anyways if they can not contribute to special teams. Hopefully for both our organizations the trades work out in each teams favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Quote where I said Tyrod was a factor for the Bills playoff game last season. You’re jumping the gun because the words “Tyrod” and “Taylor” came up, so that triggers some of you guys. 

I asked my question, you answered with a reasonable answer even though we disagree on the foundation of the answer. You’re continuing to go on and on because...well, you’re triggered.

Wrong assumption #2: Not a Browns fan.

P.S. The cap is the cap. 

Its not as simple as saying the cap is the cap. You may not be aware of it but you can roll over your cap space from the previous year if you have it. So the 10 million being rolled over for the bills by freeing up taylors contract is huge for them because that 10 mil can be applied to a top talent player at another position for the bills in the 2019 offseason. instead of having 67 mil in cap space they will be able to have 77 mil before any other changes happen. Also tyrods contract had some guarantees that would have been considered dead cap even though he wasnt on the team next year because his contract extended longer then his stay so by trading him this year they eat the dead cap hit that was happening in 2019 to this year which benefits the bills with a few million more on top of the 10 mil they get to roll over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

the frustration of coleman not being available because of injury

I wouldn't have given Coleman away like we did but I also wasn't upset about it. He has played more games than he missed and he is just kind of out there doing nothing. We weren't able to find anything that he did well, maybe the Bills will be able to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wouldn't have given Coleman away like we did but I also wasn't upset about it. He has played more games than he missed and he is just kind of out there doing nothing. We weren't able to find anything that he did well, maybe the Bills will be able to.

certainly doesnt catch well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2018 at 1:43 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I can't really make determinations on receivers until they're at least 3-4 years in the league. Furthermore, that's on organizations that develop talent. The Browns sadly haven't done that. Obviously I like what Dorsey is doing, but I have a hard time believing that if Coleman was on a team with a better offense/qb, he would have played a lot better.

Also, I just don't get trading him for a 2020 7th if he was garbage in camp. He has 2 years dirt cheap on his deal. He's a young receiver. Why not keep him and see how things play out? How about injuries? I just think it was idiotic of Dorsey to trade him so early on and I like Dorsey's moves in general.

why? he cant catch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistakey said:

certainly doesnt catch well

small hands. 

Image result for small hands gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistakey said:

certainly doesnt catch well

No, not well. But not Greg Little bad either so there could be hope for him. He isn't dynamic and doesn't create much separation but if he did catch better he could be useful. Probably not a #2 WR but a guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wouldn't have given Coleman away like we did

Here's Thomas working to move Coleman for more than a 2020 7th

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

No, not well. But not Greg Little bad either so there could be hope for him. He isn't dynamic and doesn't create much separation but if he did catch better he could be useful. Probably not a #2 WR but a guy.

If he isn’t at least a #2 type WR and more so a “guy” with some of his issues, known and rumored, he wasn’t worth it to keep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×