Browns trade WR Corey Coleman to the Bills

Texansfan713

On 8/16/2018 at 12:40 PM, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah if you buy a new car you're a fool tbh.

Leasing is 1000% the way to go. Current driving a brand new Tacoma double cab, zero money down and payments under $300 a month. Leasing is life.

Edit - Plus for the first two years Toyota covers all maintanence, including oil and tire changes.

But you have to drive a Toyota.....i kid i kid------sorta.

Leasing has its major drawbacks. Mileage caps are your worst enemy, especially for somebody who drives a lot for work or lives in a city. You can also kiss driving out of state on a weekend trip or vacation goodbye. Forced to pay 600+ for a airline ticket to not put 2 months of mileage on your car in 1 week.

Not to mention most manufactures dont pay for your maintenance and you have to do everything by the book when they recommend it leading to more frequent and costly service work.

Lastly, you will be charged a hefty penalty for early lease termination and a ridiculous amount of money for any damage on the vehicle. I had a chip in my windshield from highway driving and they tried to charge me close to 1k for a replacement after my lease end.

Essentially--leasing is great for minimal round town driving or a families 2nd car. Plus, no trade in value towards a down payment of your next vehicle when lease expires. Leasing gives you no equity after your lease is up if you want to get into something different. The only time you have equity is when you lease-to-own and then your cool $280 month payment jumps up to $410 per month because you were paying the bare minimum for 3 years. Financing the car is yours and you can sell whenever you want and get a good chunk of money back. Leasing is renting an apartment. Financing is buying a house.

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Leasing has its major drawbacks. Mileage caps are your worst enemy, especially for somebody who drives a lot for work or lives in a city. You can also kiss driving out of state on a weekend trip or vacation goodbye. Forced to pay 600+ for a airline ticket to not put 2 months of mileage on your car in 1 week.

Pay the extra $5 a month to get 15K a year. If you do 45K in 3 years, you drive too much. A lot of vehicles retain value so well that the dealership will wipe overage fees as well.

Not to mention most manufactures dont pay for your maintenance and you have to do everything by the book when they recommend it leading to more frequent and costly service work.

Go to a good manufacturer than. It doesn't make sense for them not to, take care of the vehicle and you'll get a valuable used car back. Toyota is a great company to buy from.

Lastly, you will be charged a hefty penalty for early lease termination and a ridiculous amount of money for any damage on the vehicle. I had a chip in my windshield from highway driving and they tried to charge me close to 1k for a replacement after my lease end.

Returned my previous lease early, they didn't charge me anything and actually gave me value towards my current lease. If you're with a good company they pay for all repairs, at least for the first two years. Sounds like you just went through a miserable company tbh.

Essentially--leasing is great for minimal round town driving or a families 2nd car. Plus, no trade in value towards a down payment of your next vehicle when lease expires. 

Thats why you just continue to lease *shrugs* I understand it's not for everybody, but the vast majority of people would be far better off leasing from a GOOD company.

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Pay the extra $5 a month to get 15K a year. If you do 45K in 3 years, you drive too much. A lot of vehicles retain value so well that the dealership will wipe overage fees as well.

Its not $5 per month, Its the difference in close to another $30-50 per month. I work in a dealership, no dealership waives overmilage. Its set from the manufacturer and dealers have no control over it. The only time they will help you on your over-milage fees is if you roll over some of your fees and lease again with the same manufacture but they can spread your fees out another 36 months in your next lease payment. If you have a Toyota and want to lease a Ford next, too bad--your stuck with another leased Toyota because you dont want to pay the .25 per mile overage.

Go to a good manufacturer than. It doesn't make sense for them not to, take care of the vehicle and you'll get a valuable used car back. Toyota is a great company to buy from.

Dont ever think a car manufacture is helping you out. They will do anything to keep you in a lease because they are making money hand over fist off you for leasing. You put minimal wear and tear on the car because milage limits and damage costs plus you have to do all of 'their' scheduled maintenance work at one of their dealerships. Meaning they know the vehicle when you turn it in is in tip top shape and they can sell it used for massive profits. Your basically maintaining their vehicle for them so they can sell it for all of the cost at the end.

Returned my previous lease early, they didn't charge me anything and actually gave me value towards my current lease. If you're with a good company they pay for all repairs, at least for the first two years. Sounds like you just went through a miserable company tbh.

Again, they want you to keep leasing. Lease customers are their bread and butter for the reasons I stated above. Its where their money is at. So they kick you a little gift by not paying for a few $40 oil changes so they can keep you in a lease and make thousands at the end when you turn it in. Rinse, repeat everytime you re-up into a new lease. 2 year old vehicles with 32k miles on them are the most valuable type of vehicle out there. They have the most money left to gain for profit because they are not beat up, have low miles, still new-ish and can sell them for the most.

Thats why you just continue to lease *shrugs* I understand it's not for everybody, but the vast majority of people would be far better off leasing from a GOOD company.

Not saying that its not a good idea for the right person, but like I said--I would limit it to people who dont drive a lot or a families 2nd car.

35 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Essentially--leasing is great for minimal round town driving or a families 2nd car. Plus, no trade in value towards a down payment of your next vehicle when lease expires. Leasing gives you no equity after your lease is up if you want to get into something different. The only time you have equity is when you lease-to-own and then your cool $280 month payment jumps up to $410 per month because you were paying the bare minimum for 3 years. Financing the car is yours and you can sell whenever you want and get a good chunk of money back. Leasing is renting an apartment. Financing is buying a house.

I like this a lot. Would like it but never have I liked a comment.. keep it that way. 

32 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its not $5 per month, Its the difference in close to another $30-50 per month. I work in a dealership, no dealership waives overmilage. Its set from the manufacturer and dealers have no control over it. The only time they will help you on your over-milage fees is if you roll over some of your fees and lease again with the same manufacture but they can spread your fees out another 36 months in your next lease payment. If you have a Toyota and want to lease a Ford next, too bad--your stuck with another leased Toyota because you dont want to pay the .25 per mile overage.

Dont ever think a car manufacture is helping you out. They will do anything to keep you in a lease because they are making money hand over fist off you for leasing. You put minimal wear and tear on the car because milage limits and damage costs plus you have to do all of 'their' scheduled maintenance work at one of their dealerships. Meaning they know the vehicle when you turn it in is in tip top shape and they can sell it used for massive profits. Your basically maintaining their vehicle for them so they can sell it for all of the cost at the end.

Again, they want you to keep leasing. Lease customers are their bread and butter for the reasons I stated above. Its where their money is at. So they kick you a little gift by not paying for a few $40 oil changes so they can keep you in a lease and make thousands at the end when you turn it in. Rinse, repeat everytime you re-up into a new lease. 2 year old vehicles with 32k miles on them are the most valuable type of vehicle out there. They have the most money left to gain for profit because they are not beat up, have low miles, still new-ish and can sell them for the most.

Not saying that its not a good idea for the right person, but like I said--I would limit it to people who dont drive a lot or a families 2nd car.

We've had completely different leasing experiences... I signed a contract for 10 cents per mile over, I get 15,000 miles a year for an extra $5 compared to 12,000, they do oil changes and any maintenance/repairs for the first two years, and they didn't charge me anything to return my Corolla 8 months early... They also gave me a $750 credit for being in graduate school. I guess I just buy from a really good dealership lol

Lease or buy, it doesn’t much matter, the dealership is getting theirs.

Both can be done “right”, but it’s situation dependent.

If you want to spend the least, buy a car and keep it until the wheels fall off.

If you like new cars frequently, lease.

Just don’t trade them constantly after purchasing, you’ll lose your arse.

There’s no one “best way”.

25 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lease or buy, it doesn’t much matter, the dealership is getting theirs.

Both can be done “right”, but it’s situation dependent.

If you want to spend the least, buy a car and keep it until the wheels fall off.

If you like new cars frequently, lease.

Just don’t trade them constantly after purchasing, you’ll lose your arse.

There’s no one “best way”.

Buying it straight cash saving you maybe 10-15 racks? 

10 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Buying it straight cash saving you maybe 10-15 racks? 

With this economy and these rates?  Lol no.

I’ll keep my cash in the market, make 8-12% annually and finance it and pay 0-4% interest annually and let inflation help a small bit at the end of the deal.

You can get the same price from the dealer regardless as to whether the check is from your account or a bank via financing prior to purchase.

Oh, and I put the down payment on my credit card for the points too if I use dealer financing.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

With this economy and these rates?  Lol no.

I’ll keep my cash in the market, make 8-12% annually and finance it and pay 0-4% interest annually and let inflation help a small bit at the end of the deal.

You can get the same price from the dealer regardless as to whether the check is from your account or a bank via financing prior to purchase.

Oh, and I put the down payment on my credit card for the points too if I use dealer financing.

I only put 500$ down. lol. Didn’t really want to put 2k as they said. They even offered a card with Zero interest to help. And said no, I really want to learn more about this. Feels like im

watching hard knocks episode 1. 

10 hours ago, El ramster said:

I only put 500$ down. lol. Didn’t really want to put 2k as they said. They even offered a card with Zero interest to help. And said no, I really want to learn more about this. Feels like im

watching hard knocks episode 1. 

Aren't your monthly repayments cranked up as a result? Works out better in the long run to put a bigger deposit, BUT I know nothing of the company or deal you're working with. Over to you.

31 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Murrrica. Where the breakfast "cereals" can clog your arteries up.

Oats is the answer. (With water, not cream and milkshake etc)

From the outside looking in, I love the USA and all of its absurdities. 

Archived