Texansfan713

Browns trade WR Corey Coleman to the Bills

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

Dez to Cleveland confirmed.

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

I have to assume either Josh Gordon will be playing for the Browns or Dez Bryant will be playing for the Browns.  Or both. 

Or Antonio Callaway has been so good in camp that he made Corey Coleman expendable.

That could be the reason for this move as well.

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Not to me.  Antonio Callaway must be impressing the hell outta them.  Which made Coleman expendable.

Gordon (if he ever comes back), Landry, and Callaway could be the best WR trio in the NFL.

Callaway is a 1st round talent, with a very... "well rested" brain. As a Gator fan I loved seeing him on the field, when he was available. If he actually has grown up then CLE got a steal.

9 minutes ago, VanS said:

Or Antonio Callaway has been so good in camp that he made Corey Coleman expendable.

That could be the reason for this move as well.

Unless Callaway is so good in camp that he can play both outside receiver positions simultaneously, I have to assume at the very least either Josh Gordon will be playing for the Browns or Dez Bryant will be playing for the Browns. 

Love this deal. We needed speed at WR position. Benjamin and Zay are both split end recievers. Adding Coleman as Flanker with Kerley in the slot helps round out our recieving core. Coleman still has to prove he is more than just potential but it is a good fit for him and the team.

Just now, marshawn lynch said:

Love this deal. We needed speed at WR position. Benjamin and Zay are both split end recievers. Adding Coleman as Flanker with Kerley in the slot helps round out our recieving core. Coleman still has to prove he is more than just potential but it is a good fit for him and the team.

I agree. Depending on what you guys gave up, which I doubt is much at all, then it's a good trade for you guys. Coleman still has plenty of potential, IMO.

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Yikesola

And Carson Wentz wasn't a top 50 player on their board

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

May he never torment the Ravens again like he did his rookie year in week 2(?)

It was week 2. I thought for sure cleveland had drafted their own A.J green after that game. 

24 minutes ago, VanS said:

Not to me.  Antonio Callaway must be impressing the hell outta them.  Which made Coleman expendable.

Gordon (if he ever comes back), Landry, and Callaway could be the best WR trio in the NFL.

That's assuming Callway and gordon don't get suspended which seems very unlikely.

21 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Callaway is a 1st round talent, with a very... "well rested" brain. As a Gator fan I loved seeing him on the field, when he was available. If he actually has grown up then CLE got a steal.

You don't need to tell me.  I felt he was the 3rd best player in the 2018 draft after RB Saquon Barkley and QB Josh Allen.

I have extremely high expectations for Antonio Callaway in the NFL.  I think he can be the best WR in the NFL for the next 10 years.  Sorta like Antonio Brown has been in recent years.

Just now, VanS said:

You don't need to tell me.  I felt he was the 3rd best player in the 2018 draft after RB Saquon Barkley and QB Josh Allen.

I have extremely high expectations for Antonio Callaway in the NFL.  I think he can be the best WR in the NFL for the next 10 years.  Sorta like Antonio Brown has been in recent years.

I do a real time draft in the Bears' spots every year. I had it set that if Callaway made it to the 4th I'd snag him. CLE beat me by 10 damn picks. I thought the failed test at the Combine was going to have him drop to the 5th. Meh, my loss. lol

I compared him to Brown. While I don't know if he will ever meet his potential due to off the field issues, I fully believe he has All Pro talent.

If only Carson Wentz was the one throwing to him. 

Posted (edited)

Coleman was drafted in the first round, but he wasn't even the 50th best receiver in his class. This trade certainly proves it. Coleman's primary problem is drops, he dropped one out of every 13 passes thrown his way. That's bad, really bad. And Dez Bryant dropped one out of every 11 passes at Dallas last year, even worse than Coleman.

Laquon Treadwell was another over valued receiver in the 2016 class,  38th best yet drafted in the first round. Last year his drops were fine, 1 drop in 34 passes. His QB Keenan's passer rating for the year was was 94.5, but when he threw to Treadwell his rating was only 51.1. So something is haywire with Treadwell, since it's not drops, maybe he's not getting enough separation so he can't make the catches. He is pretty slow, he didn't even run at the Combine so no one would know how slow he really was. Pro day 40 times don't count. His QB's completion % was 66.4%, but Treadwell's catch rate was 59%. So since Treadwell wasn't dropping the ball, I don't think he was getting open.

All stats from Pro Football Focus

Edited by firstdown

23 minutes ago, firstdown said:

Coleman was drafted in the first round, but he wasn't even the 50th best receiver in his class. This trade certainly proves it. Coleman's primary problem is drops, he dropped one out of every 13 passes thrown his way. That's bad, really bad. And Dez Bryant, whom a lot of you are clamoring for, to come to Green Bay, dropped one out of every 11 passes, even worse than Coleman.

Laquon Treadwell was another over valued receiver in the 2016 class,  38th best yet drafted in the first round. Last year his drops were fine, 1 drop in 34 passes. His QB Keenan's passer rating for the year was was 94.5, but when he threw to Treadwell his rating was only 51.1. So something is haywire with Treadwell, since it's not drops, maybe he's not getting enough separation so he can't make the catches. He is pretty slow, he didn't even run at the Combine so no one would know how slow he really was. Pro day 40 times don't count. His QB's completion % was 66.4%, but Treadwell's catch rate was 59%. So since Treadwell wasn't dropping the ball, I don't think he was getting open.

Last year our drop rates were pretty good. Randall 1 drop per 43 passes, Jordy 1 drop for 42 passes, Davante 1 per 21, Clark 1 per 14, Geronimo dropped 1 per 10 passes. Trevor Davis 0 drops on 6 targets. 

Our team's QB's passer rating last year (Aaron 97.2, Brett 70.6) when throwing to- Davante 120.3, Trevor 115.3 (only 6 targets), Randall 104.6, Jordy 72.6, Geronimo 47.4 and Clark 39.6.

Our QB's average completion % for the year was 73%. When throwing to- Trevor 83.3% (just 6 targets), Randall 77.6%, Davante 68.5%, Jordy 63.1%, Geronimo 60.5%, Clark 28%

All stats from Pro Football Focus

You should've lead with that and i wouldn't have read your post.

God damnit John Dorsey, why...
Well at least he will go to a new team and thrive...
Noooo any team but the Bills, his career is ruined.