Browns trade WR Corey Coleman to the Bills

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Haha alleged assault in civil court is the off field issue? its all heresy with no evidence proving he was the one behind it or it would actually be in regular court and being charged with actual assault rather then someone trying to get free money off of a football player. I guess its acceptable for sexual assault and credit theft found guilty in regular court is worth drafting a player. Maybe the relentless pot smoking is acceptable too but an alleged assault is where Dorsey needs to make a stand! enjoy a 7th round pick and paying him 3 million not to be in Cleveland rather then seeing what he can do in the next 2 years when he is healthy. Dez Bryant will be a solid replacement, on the decline will cost more and hes a disaster on and off the field with his spouse and locker room issues stated by previous players. Hopefully tyrod will get the ball to him cause if he was anything like he was in Buffalo dez will demand to be released by week 5

theres a lot going on here
doubt dez gets signed
you guys are actually paying him now, not us.  we only have 1.5 dead cap for this year and you guys are on the hook for the guaranteed salary for the remainder of his contract.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Not to mention its painfully obvious that the Bills offense is to run, run, run, run, run, pass, run, run, pass, run, run, run.

Tyrod Taylor ranked 25th in the NFL in passing attempts per game, he has never really got a shot at putting up big passing numbers considering he only throws 27 passes a game by the design of their offense despite the fact that he has a higher comp% than Mariota, Wilson, Goff and Manning and a higher QBR than Carr and Prescott.

Not saying that I see Tyrod being some elite level passer as a Brown, but I do think getting out of that system in Buffalo and with a better pass catchers in Cleveland will make him a step better than what he did in years past.

Well I think an obvious reason for that is McCoy and the Bills had a strong interior OL.

But it wasn't just one bad OC (unfortunately it was three) that would only build the offense around Tyrod to control the game rather then take it over. 

Now in Cleveland with Jackson and Haley I am assuming the passing game will be the vocal point of the offense? If so, Tyrod is going to be asked to do something he's never done which is win with his arm on a regular basis. Not ideal IMO.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Well Watkins’ best season was 2015...Taylor’s first with Buffalo. 

Hogan went to play with the GOAT. 

Goodwin and Woods went to play with better quarterbacks in systems that were ran by two of the best offensive minds in football. 

So of the four, the most talented had his best year in Buffalo and the other three either went to play with A) an amazing QB with a good offensive mind, or B) a good QB in an amazing offensive system. Not really saying much there.

That's the point.

I wish I could find clips but Woods in 2016 in particular was visibly frustrated every game after getting open or being open by design but Tyrod had already taken off running or had thrown it short, check down etc. 

Tyrod is a good QB but he never raised the level of players around him and the theory he never had weapons in Buffalo is wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

That's the point.

I wish I could find clips but Woods in 2016 in particular was visibly frustrated every game after getting open or being open by design but Tyrod had already taken off running or had thrown it short, check down etc. 

Tyrod is a good QB but he never raised the level of players around him and the theory he never had weapons in Buffalo is wrong. 

That's fine. That's all the Browns need him to be until Baker is ready. A solid-but-unspectacular QB is far better than anything the Browns have had at QB in years.

48 minutes ago, mistakey said:

theres a lot going on here
doubt dez gets signed
you guys are actually paying him now, not us.  we only have 1.5 dead cap for this year and you guys are on the hook for the guaranteed salary for the remainder of his contract.

yes 1.5 mil this year and 1.5 mil next year giving him 3 million and the bills only have to pay him 1.5 mil this year and if they elect to keep him next year it is 2 million and if he some how proves to be a top 2 wr for the bills they have the 5th year option which will be less than what most average #2 wr make. Both Bills and Browns fans can relate to the turnover at Gm and/or HC this is the thing that drives me nuts which I am sure it is for most fans that the constant rotation of players because of the unsettling organization at GM and HC. So dump all of those players the old regime brought in via draft for pennies. What is a 7th round pick 2 years from now going to do for the Browns? Saving 3.5 mil in 2 years time isnt going to make or break the browns so why not continue to have it play out like the eagles did with Algoholar and see if he matures in to the position when he is healthy and has a talented qb in Mayfield throwing to him rather then the rejects the browns have had over the years. Dorsey clearly is making an imprint on this roster but what happens if Hue isn't the guy now next offseason does dorsey have to get the new HC guys that will fit his style of play? 

30 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Now in Cleveland with Jackson and Haley I am assuming the passing game will be the vocal point of the offense? If so, Tyrod is going to be asked to do something he's never done which is win with his arm on a regular basis. Not ideal IMO.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's not with Nick Chubb, Duke Johnson and Carlos Hyde at running back as well as a much better interior line than they do offensive tackle duo. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

That's the point.

Problem is: I don’t think there was anyone saying he was going to elevate the level of players around him. If so, only in the sense that he won’t murder a player’s production the way Kizer did. 

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Well I think an obvious reason for that is McCoy and the Bills had a strong interior OL.

But it wasn't just one bad OC (unfortunately it was three) that would only build the offense around Tyrod to control the game rather then take it over. 

I dont think its a "win with your arm' rather than having a balanced attack that takes their shots. Its Todd Haleys offense now which def. has its play calls down field on deep posts and outs. It just seemed like watching the Bills play they were playing not to lose like their offense had training wheels with run dominance paired with quick reads.

I remember in a interview with Tyrod a week or two ago they asked if he was asked if he was asked by coaches to throw the ball down field more. His response was (paraphrasing) that he was coached to make the smart, easy, high percentage throw in Buffalo and that he has to now sort of reverse that because this offense wants him to take shots.

Possibly because having Gordon and Callaway who are downfield burners alters that play, you have to use your players strengths. Its not that I believe Tyrod isnt a big play QB who cant throw downfield more than I dont think he was ever asked to do it often in the offense the Bills ran if that makes sense.

35 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont think its a "win with your arm' rather than having a balanced attack that takes their shots. Its Todd Haleys offense now which def. has its play calls down field on deep posts and outs. It just seemed like watching the Bills play they were playing not to lose like their offense had training wheels with run dominance paired with quick reads.

I remember in a interview with Tyrod a week or two ago they asked if he was asked if he was asked by coaches to throw the ball down field more. His response was (paraphrasing) that he was coached to make the smart, easy, high percentage throw in Buffalo and that he has to now sort of reverse that because this offense wants him to take shots.

Possibly because having Gordon and Callaway who are downfield burners alters that play, you have to use your players strengths. Its not that I believe Tyrod isnt a big play QB who cant throw downfield more than I dont think he was ever asked to do it often in the offense the Bills ran if that makes sense.

He wasn’t asked to because he wasn’t able to. He was at one point then regressed majorly in that area.

32 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

He wasn’t asked to because he wasn’t able to. He was at one point then regressed majorly in that area.

IDK if that necessarily true. I have heard over the years that one trait of Tyrods actual passing is that he throws a great deep ball and then learned later to become better with his short passes and efficiency. Basically a watered down version of Mike Vick who was mobile and could throw a bomb--but struggled with timing, pace, leaving the pocket and short accuracy.

Tyrod seems to have overcame that aspect in the last 2 years but his deep ball attempts might have been lost in the process. Just found this, take it for what it is, just a persons opinion but its from a lead analyst. Again, not saying that I believe Tyrod is some franchise saving guy but I just have never understood the hatred that fans of his team have for him. Is he elite? No. But is he a bottom 5 QB in the NFL like Bills fans paint him to be? I dont think so.

"While some observers of Taylor's game might dispute that assessment, Sam Monson, one of PFF's analysts, argues that it reflects Taylor's worth. The quarterback does miss some throws, he says, but he compensates for his limited short game with a beautiful deep ball. "Almost every week, you'll pull one throw from his game tape that's obscene, that almost no quarterback can make," Monson says. The combination of those explosive plays and Taylor's low turnover rate -- since becoming a starter, he has thrown an interception on 1.4 percent of his passes, fourth best in the NFL -- is rare, he adds, which is why the lack of appreciation for Taylor in Buffalo befuddles him.

"Dumping Tyrod Taylor because you think you can do better is like hitting a 17 in blackjack," Monson says. "You can do better than your hand, but you probably won't."

14 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

You sure it wasnt because the Bills decided that rolling into the season with Charles Clay and 2 trashcans on wheels for WRs was a good idea?

Im not saying Tyrod is some elite QB because hes far from it-but Bills fans acting like Tyrod Taylor is a Brock Osweiler clone is a bit too far. 

Tyrod looks good if all you do is view stats, he is terrible if you view football

Archived