Corey Coleman traded to the bills

brooks1957

Just now, bruceb said:

They, Njoku, Johnson, Hyde and Chubb keep the O on the field and the D off, which will make the D all that much better.

I have been watching Taylor when he was with the Bills, he can make the whole running  game better with the read option and attacking from the pistol. He was also excellent with the short passing game. Iwith what you said before I think Taylor to Landry will be awesome this year. 

I will just be happy with a competent efficient offense. 

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

At first I hated the Shelton trade, but I'm now okay with it. I think it hurts us a little in the immediate future, but if they weren't planning to sign him long-term, then it made sense. It's better to get a third round pick for him now rater than a third round pick at most in the future.

Also if we signed someone it doesn't  guarantee we get the 3rd round pick. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I have been watching Taylor when he was with the Bills, he can make the whole running  game better with the read option and attacking from the pistol. He was also excellent with the short passing game. Iwith what you said before I think Taylor to Landry will be awesome this year. 

I will just be happy with a competent efficient offense. 

Without anything else makes us 6-8 wins, imho.

7 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Those guys were playing against the 2nd team defense, unlike Coleman. No comparison 

So every single snap taken during team drills and sessions like 7on7/pass skelly/1on1 Coleman never went up against a potential 2nd stringer? Browns have no idea who is starting across from Ward, So Coleman only went up against Ward the entire time? 

Just now, buno67 said:

So every single snap taken during team drills and sessions like 7on7/pass skelly/1on1 Coleman never went up against a potential 2nd stringer? Browns have no idea who is starting across from Ward, So Coleman only went up against Ward the entire time? 

Pretty sure Mitchell has the number 2 spot on lock down at this point.  If they have no idea, then we are in serious trouble.   They should have a good idea about starters at every position by now.

Just now, DizzyDean said:

Pretty sure Mitchell has the number 2 spot on lock down at this point.  If they have no idea, then we are in serious trouble.   They should have a good idea about starters at every position by now.

So all of camp, Coleman only went up against Mitchell or Ward in every single Indy drill, passing situations/sessions, and team sessions? What is this peewee football when best friends rigged the lines so they always went up against each other. 

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Without anything else makes us 6-8 wins, imho.

with our roster  we should really be challenging for the playoffs, I think we drop 1-2 games because we have a new o coordinator and Haley has to learn Taylor as much as Taylor has to learn his O. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

So all of camp, Coleman only went up against Mitchell or Ward in every single Indy drill, passing situations/sessions, and team sessions? What is this peewee football when best friends rigged the lines so they always went up against each other. 

Who said every rep?  He certainly went up against the 1 or 2 more than he went up against the 3 or 4.

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

Who said every rep?  He certainly went up against the 1 or 2 more than he went up against the 3 or 4.

Ok so there is tape of both guys going against all the DBs. Not just during team but throughout all of practice. So I would trust the coaches and Dorsey what they see at practice and what is made and said of their evaluations. Add in some potential character issues. Browns see he isn’t worth hanging on too and done wasting any valuble reps on him. If there was any doubts or it was close they prolly would of gave him a shot or two in the Preseason game. Doing it now, shows what they really think

Just now, buno67 said:

Ok so there is tape of both guys going against all the DBs. Not just during team but throughout all of practice. So I would trust the coaches and Dorsey what they see at practice and what is made and said of their evaluations. Add in some potential character issues. Browns see he isn’t worth hanging on too and done wasting any valuble reps on him. If there was any doubts or it was close they prolly would of gave him a shot or two in the Preseason game. Doing it now, shows what they really think

So now you trust Hue and are a fan?  Also, not so sure that Higgens has taken a single rep with the ones to this point.

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

So I would trust the coaches and Dorsey what they see at practice and what is made and said of their evaluations.

Yeah, those guys definitely deserve the benefit of the doubt..... ooof.

Add in some potential character issues.

Yeah, definitely.  I mean you wouldn’t want a bad apple like Coleman spoiling a group with Calloway, Gordon, and potentially Dez.

Browns see he isn’t worth hanging on too and done wasting any valuble reps on him.

They just better be right.  I’ve seen more from Coleman than I have guys who will be suiting up tomorrow morning.

If there was any doubts or it was close they prolly would of gave him a shot or two in the Preseason game. Doing it now, shows what they really think

Or so you’re assuming.  

A late round pick... WHY???

What's the rush... especially with availability concern types like JG and Callaway in the corps..

A 2nd or 3rd... okay.... but a 5th or 6th... for a 24 year old, 4.36- 40 yd dash, top 20 talent...

He had a broken hand twice... nothing he could've done to prevent that... he didn't break his hand because he is mentally weak or b/c he doesn't love the game... no lower body injuries except for some hamstring/soft tissue stuff...

Had a bad practice, but then was on fire for multiple days in camp...

You don't cut bait on that type of talent so soon... especially when we have players that can be suspension risks like Callaway and JG... unless you recoup some value for him...

There was no real need to move on from Corey so soon in his career...

They must really believe in Ratley and Callaway and even Willies...

19 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

A late round pick... WHY???

What's the rush... especially with availability concern types like JG and Callaway in the corps..

A 2nd or 3rd... okay.... but a 5th or 6th... for a 24 year old, 4.36- 40 yd dash, top 20 talent...

He had a broken hand twice... nothing he could've done to prevent that... he didn't break his hand because he is mentally weak or b/c he doesn't love the game... no lower body injuries except for some hamstring/soft tissue stuff...

Had a bad practice, but then was on fire for multiple days in camp...

You don't cut bait on that type of talent so soon... especially when we have players that can be suspension risks like Callaway and JG... unless you recoup some value for him...

There was no real need to move on from Corey so soon in his career...

They must really believe in Ratley and Callaway and even Willies...

Unless there is some off the field stuff we’re unaware of, this is dead on.

If you were gaining noteworthy value, that’s one thing, but a late round pick?  Those are always there to be had.  Could have waited 2-3 weeks, got a better look at Coleman, let the Gordon situation play out, etc and still got similar value.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless there is some off the field stuff we’re unaware of, this is dead on.

If you were gaining noteworthy value, that’s one thing, but a late round pick?  Those are always there to be had.  Could have waited 2-3 weeks, got a better look at Coleman, let the Gordon situation play out, etc and still got similar value.

Yeah something stinks. Hope it is Coleman and not Dorsey.

Archived