Corey Coleman traded to the bills

brooks1957

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless there is some off the field stuff we’re unaware of, this is dead on.

If you were gaining noteworthy value, that’s one thing, but a late round pick?  Those are always there to be had.  Could have waited 2-3 weeks, got a better look at Coleman, let the Gordon situation play out, etc and still got similar value.

Yeah man... maybe it's something we don't know, but if not all I can think is maybe it was "send a message to the team" type move? I don't know??

Dorsey has been known to do that type of roster decision stuff...

We're really relying on 2 rookies (1 Callaway who hasn't played real game in over a year; and 2 the other in Ratley who hasn't seen practice much); and a WR w/ addiction issues who's currently in rehab for the success of our season...

It's a tough gamble... rookies will be rookies... addiction will be addiction...

Adding Dez doesn't hep much imo...

Can't add Jeremy Maclin b/c of John Dorsey and his sour relationship...

We're an injury or availability issue away from real issues...

Here's to hoping Janis or the rook's step up...

Apparently there’s more to the Corey Coleman trade then just the trade. More information to be released soon. Stay tuned. 

I’m guessing there’s something that happened either at practice or after practice that got this thing going. Maybe an argument with the coaches. 

52 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Apparently there’s more to the Corey Coleman trade then just the trade. More information to be released soon. Stay tuned. 

I’m guessing there’s something that happened either at practice or after practice that got this thing going. Maybe an argument with the coaches. 

If that info comes out, I’ll reevaluate my opinion, but without something along those lines I don’t understand the logic behind making this move right now.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If that info comes out, I’ll reevaluate my opinion, but without something along those lines I don’t understand the logic behind making this move right now.

Even still... let's say Corey hurled profanities at the coaches and displayed unbelievable immaturity... the rest of the league doesn't know that...  so you take a deep breath and shop him to other teams with patience before that episode comes out via hard knocks... and you get the maximum value...

I'm hoping it's a 5th... if it's a 6th.. they might have well just traded Corey for a bag of chips...

6 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

So now you trust Hue and are a fan?  Also, not so sure that Higgens has taken a single rep with the ones to this point.

Or  I trust Haley Henry and Dorsey. 

I could care less about what exactly happen during team sessions. There is plenty of chances through out practice of working with Taylor and going up against the better corners on the team. 

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Yeah man... maybe it's something we don't know, but if not all I can think is maybe it was "send a message to the team" type move? I don't know??

Dorsey has been known to do that type of roster decision stuff...

We're really relying on 2 rookies (1 Callaway who hasn't played real game in over a year; and 2 the other in Ratley who hasn't seen practice much); and a WR w/ addiction issues who's currently in rehab for the success of our season...

It's a tough gamble... rookies will be rookies... addiction will be addiction...

Adding Dez doesn't hep much imo...

Can't add Jeremy Maclin b/c of John Dorsey and his sour relationship...

We're an injury or availability issue away from real issues...

Here's to hoping Janis or the rook's step up...

This browns WR groups was always going to be an injury problems or availability situation from real issues. If something happens to Landry, even before this Coleman trade, the team would be screwed. 

People saying wait 2-3 weeks. If he isn’t in the plans and oh had plenty of team to see him in OTAs Workouts and camp so far, better to cut bait now and bring in another guy or let the guys on the team get the reps he would be taking away. 

They were reporting on Twitter that Hardknocks was around Coleman yesterday so we will see that on film. 

If the lazy/unmotivated stuff is true, then this makes sense.  Otherwise, it does not. Unless...

As far as X’s and O’s, Coleman was going to have the most worth in the slot imo. We just locked up Duke and beefed up our RB’s, so it’s fairly obvious that Duke is gonna be more WR than RB. So, you could make the argument that Duke made Coleman expendable.

2 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

If there is something else we dont know, that's understandable.  Hopefully we will know soon. Otherwise it doesn't make sense to me.

He's been inconsistent in games, camp this year and can't stay healthy. Not saying I agree with trading him right now but it is what it is.

Archived