Corey Coleman traded to the bills

brooks1957

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Update: My B.I.L. friend in Buffalo's FO texted him back: "He's starting day 1 over Andre and Zay guaranteed."

Andre for those that don't know is Andre Holmes and Zay is Zay Jones..

Buffalo got a starter with upside and all kinds of other negative issues (injury and apparently maturity) for a future 7th round pick.. which is equal to an IOU that promises an IOU next year.

Good Times...

Even if he's really worth that... the market could've been manipulated wisely to extract more value... and that's the only reason I'm upset b/c it indicates to me that Dorsey wanted Corey gone asap a opposed to diligently maximizing value of a trade asset.

I don’t know if they could of manipulated the market. It’s been known that Coleman was on the trading block for awhile and no one was bitting on him. 

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Facts.

And after a poor showing he had been on fire the rest of camp... writers reporting on him working after practice extra with Haley. etc...

The rationalization is afoot... Daryl Ruiter tweets how corey is a locker room parasite and now people are piecing together the out late story while he was injured and the fight thing with his brother and now in their minds Corey Coleman is one of the worst locker room teammates in the history of football at the Wide Receiver position...

Good times...

Hardknocks will be a true tell how he interacted with everyone. 

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know if they could of manipulated the market. It’s been known that Coleman was on the trading block for awhile and no one was bitting on him. 

There are trades that happen in sports leagues where the compensation exchanged for a player surprises GM and personnel execs around that league.

I have no clue as to if the majority of the league was surprised or not, but I know for a fact that 3 people (Not GMs but high level personnel execs) on 3 separate teams were very surprised by the compensation and at least told my B.I.L. via text that they would've likely been willing to part with more present and future value.

These are what people in the business call hot-trigger trades... those are one's where a team receives a future 7th round pick in return for a player. Typically, it involves a GM calling a select few other GMs if not just one and asking what that GM would be willing to give up for player x..

Whenever a future 7 is given for young player it either is b/c of a GM being completely done with a player and wanting to get rid of the player asap or the player having an injury issue that may clear medical checks.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Some in here *cough buno cough* will rationalize anything a front office or coaching staff does.

I figured the kid just needed some time with Adam Henry, isn’t that wet you were saying a week ago @buno67

I’m surprised @mistakey isn’t in here with him defending it like it’s the trade of the century. 

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Some in here *cough buno cough* will rationalize anything a front office or coaching staff does.

I figured the kid just needed some time with Adam Henry, isn’t that wet you were saying a week ago @buno67

How do we know Henry isn’t one of the reasons he is gone? Sees him interacting with the other WR issues. Ruiter just said him and Landry had some issues. All other WRs look great except Coleman. 

Its like coleman was taking over as Britt this year

Football wise this makes no sense. However -

I firmly believe this to be a proactive trade.

• Corey has missed 13 of 32 games due to injuries
  • Has a history of the dropsies, including the infamous one that sealed the 0-16 season.
  • Was sent home for breaking curfew with Kenny "be better than me" Britt - aka don't get caught.
  • Was a person of interest in a downtown apartment beating a couple of years ago.
  • Had a reputation of being lazy and unmotivated. (Could be the recent surge in desire was a sad attempt to save his *** when the writing was on the wall - aka where was that effort previously???
  • Was selected at #15 by Sashi Brown (who, by this pick, passed on All Pro Michael Thomas in New Orleans).

Dorsey ain't playing. He doesn't need to be forced to clean up the mess of a player he did not draft. So what if it is a seventh rounder in 2020? Addition by subtraction. Even if CC pans out in Buffalo.

Brooksie approves this trade.

6 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

There are trades that happen in sports leagues where the compensation exchanged for a player surprises GM and personnel execs around that league.

I have no clue as to if the majority of the league was surprised or not, but I know for a fact that 3 people (Not GMs but high level personnel execs) on 3 separate teams were very surprised by the compensation and at least told my B.I.L. via text that they would've likely been willing to part with more present and future value.

These are what people in the business call hot-trigger trades... those are one's where a team receives a future 7th round pick in return for a player. Typically, it involves a GM calling a select few other GMs if not just one and asking what that GM would be willing to give up for player x..

Whenever a future 7 is given for young player it either is b/c of a GM being completely done with a player and wanting to get rid of the player asap or the player having an injury issue that may clear medical checks.

Completely agree. They are done with him. I think with him having some hammy issues acting up. I think it might of been the straw that broke the camels back. 

12 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Bottom line - you win in sports, in business, and in life with quality, ethical people. If you feel the person you are dealing with fails to meet that standard - you replace them. You cut your losses and move on.

Don't overthink this, folks.

5 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Bottom line - you win in sports, in business, and in life with quality, ethical people. If you feel the person you are dealing with fails to meet that standard - you replace them. You cut your losses and move on.

Don't overthink this, folks.

Guess we gotta cut josh then 

don’t over think it. 

Archived