NBA 2K19

showtime

The anniversary edition of the game comes out on September 7th.  

NBA-2K19-Anniversary-Banner.jpg

The standard edition of the game comes out on September 11th.

nba_2k19_cover.jpg

Are you guys getting this?  If so, what edition of the game are you going to get?  What game modes, improvements, etc are you looking forward to?

I'll be getting it.  2K is about my only annual buy, at this point.  

I'll probably just get the standard addition, but I'll be getting 2 copies (PS4/Switch).  VC/MyTeam packs don't carry much weight for me.  I'm basically an offline MyLeague player.  I'll probably do a little playthrough of MyGM, but I always gravitate back to MyLeague.  I'll start a career the first week or so that the game is out, but then I end up pretty much abandoning it.

I'm looking forward to the improved MyLeague online.  I'm sure my friends and I will start up a league.  I hope it works as intended, you never know though.  

That blog is pretty insane.  They always bring it with their franchise style modes.  It always makes me laugh that they release that blog right when Madden is dropping, too.  They try to derail as much momentum from them as they can.  They even take a little shot at The Show haha.    

Edited by jyod21

11 hours ago, showtime said:

Here is a developer blog.  If you're interested in this game at all, you seriously need to read this.  There is so much new information in here.

https://www.operationsports.com/nba-2k19-myleague-and-mygm-developer-blog/

- Adding a real online franchise mode is huge.  What they've had in the past was crap.  

- They're going to have the MyGM story mode again, or you can play MyGM without the forced story this time.  That is fantastic!

- They've added difficulty settings to GM mode now.  Awesome!

- They're allowing expansion teams in GM mode now instead of just MyLeague.  

- The MyGM story mode this year has you as the GM of a new expansion team.  

- They made major changes to the NBA draft presentation.  New analysis from media pundits, and better presentation overall it looks like.  

- You can assign veteran players on your roster to mentor younger ones.  This is a really interesting feature!  Before if you went full rebuild there was no reason to carry any veteran players (as they screw up your tanking ability).  But if they can help your prospects progress better?  That is huge!

- They added trade exceptions!

- You can now draft picks up to 5 years into the future.  

All of these updates are fantastic IMO.

• Like 1

I have been waiting for them to do this with MyLeague Online since NBA 2K12.  In the past all I have done in 2K is play online ranked and play in online leagues.  This year I might do a MyPlayer for the first time ever so that I can play online in the Pro-AM.  That looks really fun, but I don't know if I want to commit to the grind of leveling a player up.

Trailers for sports games are probably the most meaningless things ever.  The games always look exactly the same unless there is some drastic change (new game engine, etc).  With 2K, the game looks great to me.  Hardcore players have a lot of complaints, but I don't care about any of that stuff.  Online play was absolute garbage in 2K18.  It was so bad, there is a part of me that doesn't want to buy the game at launch because I want to go over someone's house to play it first.  It was that unplayable.

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

Trailers for sports games are probably the most meaningless things ever.  The games always look exactly the same unless there is some drastic change (new game engine, etc).  With 2K, the game looks great to me.  Hardcore players have a lot of complaints, but I don't care about any of that stuff.  Online play was absolute garbage in 2K18.  It was so bad, there is a part of me that doesn't want to buy the game at launch because I want to go over someone's house to play it first.  It was that unplayable.

Agree, and they're incredibly overused, at this point.

9 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Online 2k is absolutely terrible 

It has been, which is a shame.  Now that they have made online MyLeague so robust, I'm really praying that the online play is quality. 

That's the one thing people don't think about (I know offline players don't care), but people crap on EA all the time.... at least their games work online.  I've never had connection issues playing NBA Live or Madden.  It doesn't matter how great the game play of your game is... If I can't play the damn thing it doesn't matter.

• Like 1