NBA 2K19

showtime

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Not fair that deadeye levels so fast.  I've got my defensive stopper and rim protector badges up to gold and 20k deep towards HOF.  Kind of bummed my Defensive Rebounding Center maxed out on the Rebounding badge at Gold.  

Deadeye was hard for me to level up in games.  Most of the videos you watch on how to get that badge are with bigger players that can shoot over smaller defenders, so it's easy for them.  My PG is 6'3", so I can't easily shoot over any player.  I had to spend a lot of time in the practice drills to get it done.

That center build that has defense as primary and rebounding as secondary is really good, IMO.  You got all HoF defensive badges, but it would be OP as hell if you had HoF hustle rebounder as well.

When you hit 99 overall, all your badges go up a level.  HoF stays HoF, but gold badges go to HoF, silver badges turn to gold, etc.

I'm currently in the second NBA season and in the postseason.  I wasn't able to win a championship in the first year.  Got bounced by Houston because that team was so good and my Suns team was so young.  But in our second year.... Ayton is a freaking monster, Bender is really good and Booker is awesome.  I've already knocked the Rockets out of the playoffs and now battling the Spurs.  Marcus Young is a freaking God lol

New Patch will drop within the next day or so.

- Reduced the effectiveness of on-ball steals, especially for low rated defenders by implementing the following: increased foul chances for body-to-body contact, increased ball security after rebounds when both hands are on the ball, introduced a cooldown when attempting too many steal attempts in a short amount of time, more mistargeted steal attempts for poorly rated players. 

Fixed an issue that was preventing up and under layups from playing properly under the basket. 

A slight reduction in the effectiveness of pass lane steals that are not manually triggered.

Adjusted shot contest animations to make them more responsive against perimeter jump shots.

Changed the logic for the Defensive Stopper badge to apply against opponents 1 position away from the defender’s natural position or when matched up with someone within a 3-inch height difference.

More details can be read here, it's a pretty big patch:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2018/10/12/nba-2k19-patch-1-04-notes-update-addresses-mycareer-steals-myleague-online-pro-am-and-gameplay/#40bf4c4a4f22

There are even more changes that I didn't highlight, but this all seems really good. 

4 hours ago, showtime said:

New Patch will drop within the next day or so.

- Reduced the effectiveness of on-ball steals, especially for low rated defenders by implementing the following: increased foul chances for body-to-body contact, increased ball security after rebounds when both hands are on the ball, introduced a cooldown when attempting too many steal attempts in a short amount of time, more mistargeted steal attempts for poorly rated players. 

Fixed an issue that was preventing up and under layups from playing properly under the basket. 

A slight reduction in the effectiveness of pass lane steals that are not manually triggered.

Adjusted shot contest animations to make them more responsive against perimeter jump shots.

Changed the logic for the Defensive Stopper badge to apply against opponents 1 position away from the defender’s natural position or when matched up with someone within a 3-inch height difference.

More details can be read here, it's a pretty big patch:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2018/10/12/nba-2k19-patch-1-04-notes-update-addresses-mycareer-steals-myleague-online-pro-am-and-gameplay/#40bf4c4a4f22

There are even more changes that I didn't highlight, but this all seems really good. 

Patch actually came out a few hours ago.  Niceeeeeeeee

10 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm currently in the second NBA season and in the postseason.  I wasn't able to win a championship in the first year.  Got bounced by Houston because that team was so good and my Suns team was so young.  But in our second year.... Ayton is a freaking monster, Bender is really good and Booker is awesome.  I've already knocked the Rockets out of the playoffs and now battling the Spurs.  Marcus Young is a freaking God lol

Did you sim games?

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Did you sim games?

Yea, I randomly sim games, but I've also played a lot of them.  That's pretty much all I do with this game.  I never play Park, Pro-AM, etc since it's just a waste of time.  The best place to grind badges and get XP is in MyCareer, so I'm doing that for now until I get my badges and overall up.

My friend always invites me to play... like literally every hour if he sees me on lol.  So I just decided to play on the park with him.  He made a pure stretch PF as his 3rd build and was pretty beastly. 

The thing about me is this.... I have a pure shot creator that has 99 mid range jumper and HoF badges for difficult shots and midrange deadeye, yet I pass first.  In the games I played with him, I had double digit assist both games combined.  Shooting the ball and being more aggressive as a scorer is something I'm going to really have to challenge myself with.

Also, I don't really like playing 2's all that much.  I would much rather play 3's.

5 hours ago, showtime said:

My friend always invites me to play... like literally every hour if he sees me on lol.  So I just decided to play on the park with him.  He made a pure stretch PF as his 3rd build and was pretty beastly. 

The thing about me is this.... I have a pure shot creator that has 99 mid range jumper and HoF badges for difficult shots and midrange deadeye, yet I pass first.  In the games I played with him, I had double digit assist both games combined.  Shooting the ball and being more aggressive as a scorer is something I'm going to really have to challenge myself with.

Also, I don't really like playing 2's all that much.  I would much rather play 3's.

PM me next time ur on I can be your 3rd

• Like 1

11 hours ago, showtime said:

Lol.  That's a screen from the top rep right now.  He'll be at 98 either tomorrow or Tuesday.  He got double bar'd at 97.

For one player that is way too much of a grind. I know one you get to a certain level when you start a new character they start at 90 or whatever, but still.

14 hours ago, JBURGE said:

For one player that is way too much of a grind. I know one you get to a certain level when you start a new character they start at 90 or whatever, but still.

The thing I always keep in mind, these guys are out here trying to get top rank to hit 99 first, but the game has been out for roughly a month.  I'll be playing this all year until 2K20 comes out, so I have plenty of time to grind.  My guy is a 91 overall right now and progressing really nicely.