NBA 2K19

showtime

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Seems like people are starting to get on that post scorer wave.  That build is so strong, ugh.  Even if you have a guy with HoF defensive stopper on him it doesn't even matter if the post scorer really understands how to play.

If I don't fall for the pump fake I'm pretty good at shutting down post scorers.  Most people have Athletic Finisher/Post Scorer and not Pure Post Scorer though.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If I don't fall for the pump fake I'm pretty good at shutting down post scorers.  Most people have Athletic Finisher/Post Scorer and not Pure Post Scorer though.

The build I'm seeing as really good is either pure post or a post primary and sharpshooting center.  If you build him 7'3", he's almost unstoppable in a 1v1.  It's by far the best 1v1 build in the game.

What's your guys overall, height, weight, badges, etc?

23 hours ago, showtime said:

The build I'm seeing as really good is either pure post or a post primary and sharpshooting center.  If you build him 7'3", he's almost unstoppable in a 1v1.  It's by far the best 1v1 build in the game.

What's your guys overall, height, weight, badges, etc?

I'm 7'3", I originally went max weight but remade my guy with only 260 lbs.  My max weight guy was able to push people around easily in the post but when I got into user games I was being forced to play a lot more perimeter defense and was just too heavy to keep up.  My new guy is lighter, but he can't bully around opposing bigs as much.  I just have to concentrate more on good positioning and boxing out.  I'm much more effective on perimeter defense though.

Hustle Rebound is one of the more valuable badges in online play IMO.  

I really though Lockdown Defender would be the most important badge for my build, but I've found Rim Protector and Chasedown Artist to be more important as I'm guarding the rim a lot.  Chasedown Artist might not seem that important but with the way the game physics engine works, if you're coming at a guy at a different angle than just straight forward the Chasedown Artist badge kicks in.  This is really important too if a Guard gets by you and you try to knock the ball out of his hands from behind while he goes up for the layup.  

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm 7'3", I originally went max weight but remade my guy with only 260 lbs.  My max weight guy was able to push people around easily in the post but when I got into user games I was being forced to play a lot more perimeter defense and was just too heavy to keep up.  My new guy is lighter, but he can't bully around opposing bigs as much.  I just have to concentrate more on good positioning and boxing out.  I'm much more effective on perimeter defense though.

Hustle Rebound is one of the more valuable badges in online play IMO.  

I really though Lockdown Defender would be the most important badge for my build, but I've found Rim Protector and Chasedown Artist to be more important as I'm guarding the rim a lot.  Chasedown Artist might not seem that important but with the way the game physics engine works, if you're coming at a guy at a different angle than just straight forward the Chasedown Artist badge kicks in.  This is really important too if a Guard gets by you and you try to knock the ball out of his hands from behind while he goes up for the layup.  

How do you score on offense outside of putting back up offensive rebounds?

27 minutes ago, showtime said:

How do you score on offense outside of putting back up offensive rebounds?

In NBA games I can do quite a bit.  I can use post moves, hit mid range jumpers and even occasionally hit a 3 pointer.  It’s pretty easy to exploit the cpu for points.

Online is different, and really dependent on who I’m playing with.  If im with a good group in 3on3 they will see the open passing lanes and get me some easy dunks inside.  Get with a bad group and they just jack up 3s the whole game and I’m stuck only rebounding the whole time.  Btw the best online players are ones that can pass and play defense, everyone can score it’s the ones that can do more that are good.  

2on2 is different, I can generally post up in these games and use my height to score quite a bit.

But generally just a lot of dunks, tradition scores and putbacks.

Speed boosting in this game is pretty huge.  Right now, my pure shot creator won't be able to speed boost until 95 overall.  But my pure playmaker can speed boost off rip.

I have dimer up to gold.  and a few other badges near gold.  Need to get ankle breaker, dimer, pick and roll maestro and lob city passer all to HoF

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Speed boosting in this game is pretty huge.  Right now, my pure shot creator won't be able to speed boost until 95 overall.  But my pure playmaker can speed boost off rip.

I have dimer up to gold.  and a few other badges near gold.  Need to get ankle breaker, dimer, pick and roll maestro and lob city passer all to HoF

I've got Hustle Rebounder, Defensive Stopper, Bruiser and Rim Protector up to Gold.  Hustle Rebounder is maxed out for me, DS, Bruiser and RP are all about 50% to HOF at this point.  I also have Silver Chasedown Artist and about 50% towards Gold on that one, I've been concentrating on that one in practice because its hard to level in game.  I believe I also have the steal ball badge up to Silver, can't remember what its called, but that one is hard to level too.  The practice mini game for the steal badge is impossible as a big, so I find myself just swatting at the cpu continuously in my NBA games trying to level it.