NBA 2K19

showtime

This is really weird, but I really enjoy grinding for badges.  I have no clue why and it's something that most people HATE doing.  I have most of my HoF badges maxed out on my Pure Playmaker and Shot Creator.  I kind of want to make a pure lockdown and grind that as well haha

11 hours ago, showtime said:

This is really weird, but I really enjoy grinding for badges.  I have no clue why and it's something that most people HATE doing.  I have most of my HoF badges maxed out on my Pure Playmaker and Shot Creator.  I kind of want to make a pure lockdown and grind that as well haha

I’ve been thinking about making a pure stretch 4.

39 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’ve been thinking about making a pure stretch 4.

Man, do it.  That's the best build in the entire damn game lol.  Speaking of which, I was also saying to myself last night I want to make a pure sharpshooter or maybe even a stretch 4 LOL

15 hours ago, showtime said:

Do you still have a lot of fun with your build or you want to change it up?  What makes you wanna do a pure stretch?

Ya my guy now would still be my main, but dang grinding from 90 to 91 is going to take forever.  Also just wanted to try a different playstyle for some variance.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Ya my guy now would still be my main, but dang grinding from 90 to 91 is going to take forever.  Also just wanted to try a different playstyle for some variance.  

I can't freaking shoot.  I see guys on YouTube videos get constant green lights.  I can barely get those, which is why I hate most of the builds in this game because they're focused around scoring.  I'm wondering how much easier it is to play with a pure sharp and if they get more greens than normal because their shooting ratings are absurd.

I didn't know this when I was initially making my build because I made it in the prelude.  My guy has 99 ball handling, but there's no difference between having 86 ball handling and 99 ball handling.  So the mistake I made was making my guy 6'2" instead of making him 6'8".  I thought there would be a huge difference between the two builds in terms of ball handling, but unfortunately there is not and because of that my guy is at a massive disadvantage. 

16 minutes ago, showtime said:

I didn't know this when I was initially making my build because I made it in the prelude.  My guy has 99 ball handling, but there's no difference between having 86 ball handling and 99 ball handling.  So the mistake I made was making my guy 6'2" instead of making him 6'8".  I thought there would be a huge difference between the two builds in terms of ball handling, but unfortunately there is not and because of that my guy is at a massive disadvantage. 

Isn't your shooting form better the shorter you are?

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Isn't your shooting form better the shorter you are?

Yea, your shooting stats are only a bit better, but a pure playmaker shooting stats aren't that good to begin with.  And it surely doesn't offset being 6'2" vs being 6'8".  The biggest advantage in being 6'2" is that I have 97 speed, but obviously the trade off is I'm so much shorter than everyone.  Pure playmakers can get to the basket pretty easily.... tons of ankle breakers and ways to get there, but it's much harder for me to finish at the rim than it would be if I was 6'8".  I also have 99 ball handling, but that literally doesn't matter, which sucks.

I've been doing the prelude.  The game I had against the NBA Stars went to 5 overtimes.  I had 94 points in that game.  This build just makes so many insane shots and I don't even have any badges.  Once I get limitless range, catch and shoot, etc it's going to be stupid.

• Like 1

I played some games during the Ruffle's event.  I really like this event because of the 4pt line.  Really cool.  I got paired up with some randoms who actually let me run the offense and bring it up every time.  Dude's realized I had hall of fame dimer and just let me pass the ball.  We won.  My record on park is now 6-40 or something like that lmao

17 hours ago, showtime said:

I played some games during the Ruffle's event.  I really like this event because of the 4pt line.  Really cool.  I got paired up with some randoms who actually let me run the offense and bring it up every time.  Dude's realized I had hall of fame dimer and just let me pass the ball.  We won.  My record on park is now 6-40 or something like that lmao

I hit 100 wins in Park this weekend.  I’m like 101-145 or something like that.