NBA 2K19

showtime

Just now, MKnight82 said:

There always seems to be a wait to get on the court in mypark so I don't even play it.  Plus as a defensive Center I fit better on a 5 man team than a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3.  

given the lack of centers, you usually do pretty well on mypark. especially if you pair with a smart guard in 2 on 2, you could win 10+ in a row

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

the pro am? yeah, if you're a center, those are fun. if you're a guard or a wing, it's awful given one guy just dominates the ball. i just think they made a mistake in condensing mypark, it was fun going to other parks, etc. 

What is your player's overall right now?

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm 87.

From my experience, the higher level players you play with the more willing they are to pass the ball if you're open.  If you playing with a bunch of guys who are 67 overall, then the games suck.  But when you start playing with dudes who are in the 80's and 90's people pass more because they want to win.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

From my experience, the higher level players you play with the more willing they are to pass the ball if you're open.  If you playing with a bunch of guys who are 67 overall, then the games suck.  But when you start playing with dudes who are in the 80's and 90's people pass more because they want to win.

I usually go to the Jordan Park, I'll play with randoms and a bunch will quit mid game.  I always stick around till the end, then I'll either receive or send invites to team up and play with the guys that were good in the last game for a few more games.  Then it gets much better.  

20 minutes ago, showtime said:

You get a bunch of VC from just playing with your MyPlayer.  Also, if you make a MyPlayer, it'll ask you if you want to skip the prelude and go straight to the NBA.  It really helps for you to complete the entire prelude because the games are on lower difficulty so you can really get a good start on leveling up your badges.  You also can get the story as well.

What is the story? I hated it last year. The year before when you were in college and got drafted was way better

4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

What is the story? I hated it last year. The year before when you were in college and got drafted was way better

Not to spoil too much, but you start out overseas because you didn't get drafted.  You have a close friend you played in college with that becomes a star in the NBA and you want to be there as well.  Then, you get called up to the G-League and do a stint there.  You have a teammate who's a highly sought after NBA prospect and he doesn't like you because he feels like you're trying to take his shine.  You get involved with a girl who is a local reporter and make a friend with a bus boy at a local sandwich shop and bad things happen.

This is the best story mode I've seen for MyPlayer and I hate the single player story modes in all of these sports games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Not to spoil too much, but you start out overseas because you didn't get drafted.  You have a close friend you played in college with that becomes a star in the NBA and you want to be there as well.  Then, you get called up to the G-League and do a stint there.  You have a teammate who's a highly sought after NBA prospect and he doesn't like you because he feels like you're trying to take his shine.  You get involved with a girl who is a local reporter and make a friend with a bus boy at a local sandwich shop and bad things happen.

This is the best story mode I've seen for MyPlayer and I hate the single player story modes in all of these sports games.

seems like you spoiled a lot lmao

all good man I'm just playing

So I played a bunch of 3 on 3 in the park last night, My Defensive/Rebounding Center was solid but struggled against teams that had several bigs that could shoot 3s.  Pure Stretch 4s seem to be dominating the court right now.  The offensive players seem to have a leg up on the defensive guys right now since it seems to be easier to level on offense.  I'll be curious to see how it levels out once there are guys with HOF defensive stopper and other such badges out there.

I watched a guy play with HoF Defensive Stopper at SG and he was locking his man up.  Got to the point to where the guy he was guarding couldn't even bring the ball up the court anymore.  On the flip side, pure locks can't play offense worth a damn, so it's almost like you would have defensive stopper too.  He's not going to be able to handle the ball at all, shoot or even pass.

Speaking of handling the ball, almost everyone gets ripped.  Haven't seen a pure playmaking PG with 99 ball handling yet, but that might be the only person who isn't a victim of steal spam.

30 minutes ago, showtime said:

I watched a guy play with HoF Defensive Stopper at SG and he was locking his man up.  Got to the point to where the guy he was guarding couldn't even bring the ball up the court anymore.  On the flip side, pure locks can't play offense worth a damn, so it's almost like you would have defensive stopper too.  He's not going to be able to handle the ball at all, shoot or even pass.

Speaking of handling the ball, almost everyone gets ripped.  Haven't seen a pure playmaking PG with 99 ball handling yet, but that might be the only person who isn't a victim of steal spam.

My center has the ability to earn HOF stopper, and I can rebound and dunk really well.  I’m basically Deandre Jordan.