Preseason week one: Bucs @ Dolphins

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I would guess not. He was in a walking boot less than a week ago.

Probably should hold him out till the last game or perhaps play him sparingly in the season opener. He will be starting by week 6. Its a long season and I’d prefer Bucs unleash this beast when he is 100% ready. 

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I see Jameis is 11/13. How's he looked?

And Rojo seems bottled up. Is he dancing or trying to bounce everything outside or is the blocking just that bad?

He was taking check downs and making decent, quick decisions. One pass was a bit wayward, but the other incompletion was an early decision to get rid of the ball.

Cautiously optimistic that he’s no longer going to try to play hero ball.

27 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

He was taking check downs and making decent, quick decisions. One pass was a bit wayward, but the other incompletion was an early decision to get rid of the ball.

Cautiously optimistic that he’s no longer going to try to play hero ball.

So we have quick passes and check downs in our offense now? VERY NICE.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Also. So much for running the ball a lot to keep the QBs safe. We went a combined 37/47 326 YDs 1 TD. ?

Unfortunately, Barber was the only RB who seems to have been effective.

2nd and 3rd team o-line was downright horrible.  So I think it's hard to evaluate the rbs from last night.  

11 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

2nd and 3rd team o-line was downright horrible.  So I think it's hard to evaluate the rbs from last night.  

I watched the first few drives in the Giants/Browns game. Barkley busted his first run to the outside and picked up a bunch of yards. Then it was all dancing and nothing after that. 

How did Rojo look? Did he try to bounce everything outside? I saw his TD run. Looked like a good cut and burst for the score. But I didn't see any of his eight or nine other runs.

6 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I watched the first few drives in the Giants/Browns game. Barkley busted his first run to the outside and picked up a bunch of yards. Then it was all dancing and nothing after that. 

How did Rojo look? Did he try to bounce everything outside? I saw his TD run. Looked like a good cut and burst for the score. But I didn't see any of his eight or nine other runs.

I’ve only seen the first half of our game, but there was nothing there for him.

We look to be doing a lot of inside zone type plays and rolling it back to the backside B gap, but he typically just got stuffed. 

Barber looked good though.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Saw a couple highlights of Ronald Jones and he looked good from those. 

Archived