Preseason week one: Bucs @ Dolphins

bucsfan333

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

So we have quick passes and check downs in our offense now? VERY NICE.

Yea Moniken called the plays not sure if you knew that or not but you could tell it was different.  Going to be interesting to see what happens with that and maybe Moniken will start calling plays officially.  Koetters got nothing to lose IMO but pride as this is his last shot.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I watched the first few drives in the Giants/Browns game. Barkley busted his first run to the outside and picked up a bunch of yards. Then it was all dancing and nothing after that. 

How did Rojo look? Did he try to bounce everything outside? I saw his TD run. Looked like a good cut and burst for the score. But I didn't see any of his eight or nine other runs.

Rojo looked meh to me.  Barber is definitely the starter as of now.   Rojo had carries although the line wasn't great he seemed hesitant and he also got a rep with the first team and dropped the ball on 3rd down pass.  

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm really worried about our RBs. I think we have a few capable guys, but don't think any of them are potential stars or guys that you can just feed the ball too continuously.

I think Barber will be alright as the workhorse. Apparently Quizz has been doing really well too, even though I haven't heard anything about him.

Hopefully Rojo can start to pull things together in the next few weeks.

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He got targeted and exploited at times last night.

If I’m OCing against this defence, the first thing I’m doing is locating Smith. 

It wouldn’t shock me if he’s off the roster by game 1.

2 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

He got targeted and exploited at times last night.

If I’m OCing against this defence, the first thing I’m doing is locating Smith. 

It wouldn’t shock me if he’s off the roster by game 1.

I dunno if he's gone but I bet he will be mostly special teams.  We have decent depth but never know with a few questions like Hargreaves and Grimes being healthy

28 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I dunno if he's gone but I bet he will be mostly special teams.  We have decent depth but never know with a few questions like Hargreaves and Grimes being healthy

He's probably the fifth best CB on the roster. Which sucks. He showed a little promise. Oh well.

5 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

I agree that he likely makes the team, but given his much hyped ‘improvement’ over the offseason and our relative lack of depth, I expected him to be more or less a lock.

I like him on specials, but if one of the younger guys (Whitehead or Stewart) can contribute to the same level on that unit, he’s on the bubble.

Archived