Preseason week one: Bucs @ Dolphins

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Why wouldn't Fitz play? 

It's week one of the preseason. Week three is when starters actually get meaningful reps, usually a quarter. The rest of preseason is to sort out position battles and the bottom of the roster. 

Fitz is already the starter. No need to risk having to watch Griffin start the first three weeks. But he'll probably get a drive.

3 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:
14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'd be surprised if Fitz plays. Maybe a drive or something. But Koetter said Jameis is gonna get about a quarter. So we'll see in a couple days.

Why wouldn't Fitz play? 

I thought I saw that fitz was playing a quarter, JW a quarter, and griffin the rest 

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's week one of the preseason. Week three is when starters actually get meaningful reps, usually a quarter. The rest of preseason is to sort out position battles and the bottom of the roster. 

Fitz is already the starter. No need to risk having to watch Griffin start the first three weeks. But he'll probably get a drive.

The starters usually play at least the first few drives don't they? He's a vet, but they need all the work possible I think.

27 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

The starters usually play at least the first few drives don't they? He's a vet, but they need all the work possible I think.

I have no idea. I'd guess a drive. But I don't know. We've only got three QBs so maybe he plays longer. I know Koetter said Jameis will get about a quarter. Fitz could get the other quarter in the first half like @Pickle Rick said. I expect Griffin for the whole second half.

I get the feeling that Licht might be scouring the qb market soon. I just don’t think they are comfortable with griffin behind Fitz. And Jameis has some pretty tough stipulations to meet under his suspension that could make Licht think twice about a back up option. 

Bridgewater looks like a safe bet. So would mcarron. 

Archived