AlNFL19

Patriots Release WR Malcolm Mitchell

Really unfortunate, he looked like the best receiver the Pats drafted in a while. Hope he gets healthy and continues playing. 

The roster at WR’s beginning to look clearer - (Edelman), Hogan, Dorsett, Decker, Patterson, Britt, McCarron, Berrios.

Still more cuts to come.

He must've passed the physical upon release too. Weird that they gave up on a healthy player, he must lack the ability to stay that way big time for the Patriots to have no faith in him. We will always have that 70 yard SB.. sigh

Absolutely vital during the Superbowl win vs. the Falcons and just over a year later he's released.

We need to stop trading for and drafting WR's...

If he's released and doesn't pass a physical, doesn't he go on IR? Doesn't the fact he's released means he passed the physical and is therefore fit?

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

If he's released and doesn't pass a physical, doesn't he go on IR? Doesn't the fact he's released means he passed the physical and is therefore fit?

I would be shocked if he was healthy. There is no way in my mind that Kenny Britt & co. are worth keeping over Mitchell.

3 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

I would be shocked if he was healthy. There is no way in my mind that Kenny Britt & co. are worth keeping over Mitchell.

Britt looks in really good form though, peak fitness level of his career.

Edelman is the only WR BB has drafted in NE to have a 1,000 yard season 

On 8/7/2018 at 7:01 AM, TomRalph said:

Absolutely vital during the Superbowl win vs. the Falcons and just over a year later he's released.

We need to stop trading for and drafting WR's...

Yeah man, Randy Moss and Wes Welker were some of the biggest mistakes in franchise history.

Unfortunate. At this point you gotta think his future in the NFL is bleak because of the knee issues. It's the only reason they Patriots let him go if you ask me...

8 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Unfortunate. At this point you gotta think his future in the NFL is bleak because of the knee issues. It's the only reason they Patriots let him go if you ask me...

I thought he was just faking it so he could hang out with the bookclub some more.